where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
john
john
01:10 Jan-10-2008
how to design wedge for small diameter pipe inspection

I want to use PA to inspect small diameter pipe, the diameter is 1 inch,the thickness is 5mm,the coder is said for conventional UT use 72degree shear wave and front length must less than 5mm,I want to use 10L16 PA probe,but I don't know how to design a wedge for the inspection.
Anybody like to give me some advice?
Thanks

Michael Moles
, Joined ,
05:05 Jan-11-2008
Re: how to design wedge for small diameter pipe inspection
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I want to use PA to inspect small diameter pipe, the diameter is 1 inch,the thickness is 5mm,the coder is said for conventional UT use 72degree shear wave and front length must less than 5mm,I want to use 10L16 PA probe,but I don't know how to design a wedge for the inspection.
: Anybody like to give me some advice?
: Thanks
------------ End Original Message ------------
With pleasure. Contact Kirk Rager at Olympus NDT, who designs and builds special wedges. kirk.rager@olympusndt.com.

Yours, Michael Moles.

Product Spotlight

Magnetic X-Ray Pipeline Crawler

Zhong Yi brand pipeline crawler is magnetic/micro-video controlled crawler with DC X ray unit inst
alled for checking welding of pipeline. Move steadily inside the pipeline 6''-60''diameter with speed of up to 18m/min, Max. moving diatance 5 kilometers and provide the efficient inspection of the pipeline.
>

Ultrasonic tomograph for imaging of concrete structures А1040 MIRA

Applicable for concrete inspection allowing imaging of the internal structure of objects from conc
rete, reinforced concrete, different stones. The operation applies pulse-echo technique at one-side access to the object. The instrument is feasible for concrete inspection for searching conduct ducts, conduits, detection of foreign inclusions, holes, honeycombing, cracks and other concrete defects.
>

Research and Applications Development For NDT

The Research and Applications Development (RAD) group is a newly formed team within Acuren dedicat
ed to tackling challenging inspection problems. Our focus is the development of novel, field deployable, advanced inspection techniques for use in cases where standard NDT methods are ineffective. We don't wait for new innovations, we engineer them. From concept to commissioning.
>

NEOS III

NEOS III is Logos Imagings lightest DR system. With a built-in battery and internal wireless commu
nication, the NEOS III is perfect for users that want to quickly assess an item.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window