where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
Jack Son
Jack Son
09:31 Jul-14-2008
want to ask something in UT-phased array

1. For acceptance/ reject the welds, are we
i)comparing the amplitude of a surface notch (code requirement)
or
ii)measuring the depth of root penetration.

2.Cause of insufficient root penetrant.
i)root Gap?
ii)Weld current?
iii)welding speed?
iv)or other reason

tj
tj
01:04 Jul-15-2008
Re: want to ask something in UT-phased array
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: 1. For acceptance/ reject the welds, are we
: i)comparing the amplitude of a surface notch (code requirement)
: or
: ii)measuring the depth of root penetration.
: 2.Cause of insufficient root penetrant.
: i)root Gap?
: ii)Weld current?
: iii)welding speed?
: iv)or other reason
------------ End Original Message ------------

Hi,
You should consult the spec for calibration requirements. The incomplete penetration is most likely due to insufficient current, however, torch angle and travel speed can play a definite role in your problem.

Product Spotlight

Ultrasonic Testing Immersion Tanks with Unmatched Scanning Features

TecScan’s non-destructive testing Ultrasonic Immersion Tanks & scanners are designed for high pe
rformance and demanding NDT testing applications. Our Scan3D™ line of High Precision Immersion Tanks are specifically designed for automated ultrasonic testing of complex composites parts used in aerospace and industrial applications.
>

YXLON Cougar EVO

Scalable small footprint X-ray inspection systems for assembly and laboratory applications. The
YXLON Cougar EVO series was designed to provide the "best-in- class" inspection solutions for SMT, semiconductor, and laboratory assembly applications, while maintaining a small system footprint for maximum convenience. With optimized software and hardware, these systems produce higher quality and more consistent results than other electronics inspection systems currently on the market.
>

GEKKO - Portable Phased Array Testing with TFM in Real-Time

The portable phased array testing system GEKKO provides 64 parallel test channels. On creating testi
ng parameters the operator is assisted by the CIVA software. Due to its modular set-up the GEKKO instrument is suitable for operators of all skill levels.
>

IntraPhase Athena Phased Array System

The Athena Phased Array system, manufactured by WesDyne NDE Products & Technology, consists of a pha
sed array acquisition system and PC running IntraSpect software. A PC is used to perform acquisition, analysis and storage of the data. System hardware is capable of operating up to four data sets with any combination of phased array or conventional UT probes. NOW AVAILABLE IN 64-64 CONFIGURATION.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window