where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

USA Borescopes
USA Borescopes is your one stop source for all your visual inspection requirements. We offer borescopes, videoscopes, push cameras and pipe ins ...
Technical Discussions
Jack Son
Jack Son
09:31 Jul-14-2008
want to ask something in UT-phased array

1. For acceptance/ reject the welds, are we
i)comparing the amplitude of a surface notch (code requirement)
or
ii)measuring the depth of root penetration.

2.Cause of insufficient root penetrant.
i)root Gap?
ii)Weld current?
iii)welding speed?
iv)or other reason

tj
tj
01:04 Jul-15-2008
Re: want to ask something in UT-phased array
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: 1. For acceptance/ reject the welds, are we
: i)comparing the amplitude of a surface notch (code requirement)
: or
: ii)measuring the depth of root penetration.
: 2.Cause of insufficient root penetrant.
: i)root Gap?
: ii)Weld current?
: iii)welding speed?
: iv)or other reason
------------ End Original Message ------------

Hi,
You should consult the spec for calibration requirements. The incomplete penetration is most likely due to insufficient current, however, torch angle and travel speed can play a definite role in your problem.

Product Spotlight

UCI Hardness Tester NOVOTEST T-U2

UCI hardness tester NOVOTEST T-U2 is is used for non-destructive hardness testing of: metals and
alloys by scales of hardness: Rockwell (HRC), Brinell (HB), Vickers (HV); non-ferrous metals, alloys of iron etc., and using five additional scales for calibration; with tensile strength (Rm) scale determines the tensile strength of carbon steel pearlitic products by automatic recalculation from Brinell (HB) hardness scale.
>

FD800 Bench Top Flaw Detectors

The bench-top FD800 flaw detector range combines state-of-the-art flaw detection with advanced mater
ial thickness capabilities. Designed for use in the laboratory these gauges are the tool you need for all your flaw detecting needs.
>

32:128PR PAUT & 2-ch TOFD Flaw Detector: SyncScan 2

●32:128PR PAUT with optional 2-ch TOFD to maximize your efficiency ●Support PR mode for corrosi
on inspection ●Multiple solutions for welds & corrosion ●Faster scan speed (Approximately 3 meters/minute) ●Light weight: 4kg only including battery
>

New PHAsis module for longitudinal weld seam inspection

PHAsis® Phased Array manual ultrasonic spot weld inspection device is now ideally suited for test
ing of longitudinally welded seams (e.g. Arplas® seam, short line seams) with a length of 3 to 12 mm.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window