where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

YXLON Copenhagen
YXLON Copenhagen is a highly specialized, award winning Danish company with 60 years of experience in portable X-ray solutions for industrial NDT.
Technical Discussions
Jack Son
Jack Son
09:31 Jul-14-2008
want to ask something in UT-phased array

1. For acceptance/ reject the welds, are we
i)comparing the amplitude of a surface notch (code requirement)
or
ii)measuring the depth of root penetration.

2.Cause of insufficient root penetrant.
i)root Gap?
ii)Weld current?
iii)welding speed?
iv)or other reason

tj
tj
01:04 Jul-15-2008
Re: want to ask something in UT-phased array
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: 1. For acceptance/ reject the welds, are we
: i)comparing the amplitude of a surface notch (code requirement)
: or
: ii)measuring the depth of root penetration.
: 2.Cause of insufficient root penetrant.
: i)root Gap?
: ii)Weld current?
: iii)welding speed?
: iv)or other reason
------------ End Original Message ------------

Hi,
You should consult the spec for calibration requirements. The incomplete penetration is most likely due to insufficient current, however, torch angle and travel speed can play a definite role in your problem.

Product Spotlight

TESTD-PT SYSTEM

Pulse thermography is a non-contact test method that is ideal for the characterization of thin fil
ms and coatings or the detection of defects. With a remarquable short test time and a high detection sensitivity, the Telops TESTD-PT is the perfect tool for non- destructive testing. With such high frame rates, it is even possible to investigate highly conductive or diffusive materials.
>

Robotic laser shearography enables 100% inspection of complex, flight-critical composite structures

An article in “Composites World Magazine” showcases Non Destructive Testing of aero-structures
with Laser Shearography. Over the years Dantec Dynamics has supplied many solutions for the aerospace industry. Referring to specific customer projects several of these cases are examined to outline the advantages of using Laser Shearography for automated defect detection.
>

Silverwing RMS PA - Phased-array corrosion mapping

Eddyfi Technologies integrated two market leading solutions, Silverwing’s RMS and M2M’s instru
ments to provide a high-speed, remote access ultrasonic phased-array inspection system with live total focusing method (TFM).
>

Wireless TOFD scanner

Quick, accurate and highly reproducible welds testing. The System operates wirelessly and is compat
ible with any type of Windows based Laptop, Desktop or Tablet.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window