where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Sonotron NDT
Original developer and manufacturer of advanced ultrasonic instruments

Technical Discussions
Nathan
Nathan
01:13 Nov-18-2008
Eddy Current: Reference Book.

Hi Guys.

Have the Ultrasonic Flaw Detection for Technicians 3rd Edition by J Drury. Excellent book and fully comprehensive. I understand it has minor 'cult' status with UT techs.

Is there a book, equally as good, for Eddy Current you could recommend. I'm not doing too much Eddy Current work and would like a reference book to refresh and refer to...

Thanks.

Joe Buckley
Consultant, ASNT L-III, Honorary Secretary of BINDT
Level X NDT, BINDT, United Kingdom, Joined Oct 1999, 519

Joe Buckley

Consultant, ASNT L-III, Honorary Secretary of BINDT
Level X NDT, BINDT,
United Kingdom,
Joined Oct 1999
05:53 Nov-18-2008
Re: Eddy Current: Reference Book.
I've never seen anything written at the technician level for Eddy current that compares with Johns UT book.

Probably the best two I would recommend are Don Hagemaiers book "Fundamentals of Eddy Current Testing", available from ASNT, (primarily aerospace though)

and the Canadian Standards board "Advanced Manual For: Eddy Current Test Method " - not sure of the best retail source for that, but several of the technical paper resellers offer it.

Good luck

Joe

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hi Guys.
: Have the Ultrasonic Flaw Detection for Technicians 3rd Edition by J Drury. Excellent book and fully comprehensive. I understand it has minor 'cult' status with UT techs.
: Is there a book, equally as good, for Eddy Current you could recommend. I'm not doing too much Eddy Current work and would like a reference book to refresh and refer to...
: Thanks.
------------ End Original Message ------------

Product Spotlight

NDTkit RT

NDTkit RT, TESTIA's Digital Radiography software The NDTkit product line software for X-ray analysi
s. NDTkit RT is a software benefiting from the Ultis kernel which is dedicated to radiographic image analysis. It offers a set of tools and filtering processes to assist RT operators in finding relevant flaws.
>

GUL QSR1® Scanning

How do you measure pipe wall thickness without direct access to the area? QSR® Scanning - Guide Wav
e Quantitative Short Range Scanning.
>

IRIS 9000Plus - Introducing the next generation of heat exchanger inspection.

Representing the seventh generation of the IRIS system, the IRIS 9000 Plus has nearly 200 years of c
ombined field inspection experience incorporated in its design. This experience combined with a strong commitment to quality and a history of innovation has made Iris Inspection Services® the undisputed leader in IRIS technology.
>

Varex Imaging Large Field of View (FOV) Digital Detector Arrays (DDAs)

A larger FOV DDA can reduce the space and volume of the X-ray inspection system on the factory floor
, enable faster scanning times, better throughput and better resolution images at a lower dose. Customers can also save time and money. With these benefits in mind, Varex Imaging has designed a family of large FOV detectors (4343HE, XRD 1611, 4343DX-I, 4343CT) for our industrial imaging customers.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window