where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
David Baum
David Baum
09:21 Jun-23-2000
Thin Gauge Steel Tubes

I am looking for a reliable way to UT thin gauge, under 5/16", steel tube that has a circumferential joint joined utilizing a backing bar.

Tom Nelligan
Engineering,
retired, USA, Joined Nov 1998, 390

Tom Nelligan

Engineering,
retired,
USA,
Joined Nov 1998
09:30 Jun-23-2000
Re: Thin Gauge Steel Tubes
: I am looking for a reliable way to UT thin gauge, under 5/16", steel tube that has a circumferential joint joined utilizing a backing bar.

I'm not sure I'm properly visualizing what you're doing, but if it's a brazed or welded joint, we may be able to do something with small diameter, sharply focussed immersion transducers and appropriate fixturing. The tube diameter itself is not a problem. If it's just mechanically clamped, on the other hand, it's not a good application for ultrasonic flaw detection.

I'd be happy to look at a drawing if you can send one.

--Tom Nelligan
Panametrics, Inc.

Joseph Pascente
Engineering
Lixi, Inc., USA, Joined Nov 1998, 39

Joseph Pascente

Engineering
Lixi, Inc.,
USA,
Joined Nov 1998
07:02 Jun-25-2000
Dear Tom,

Go to www.lixi.com and then to Profiler. This non
contact wall thickness gauge will measure the wall
thickness of thin gauge steel tubes.

Regards,

Lixi, Inc.

Joe Pascente

Rick Pfannenstiel
Consultant
Spin LLC, USA, Joined Jun 2000, 1

Rick Pfannenstiel

Consultant
Spin LLC,
USA,
Joined Jun 2000
04:14 Jun-29-2000
We have been inspecting buttwelds in .056"T by 1.0" diameter buttwelds in inconnel tubing with great success using FAST ultrasonics. The backing ring should not be a problem. Not sure that this application is close to what you are doing. If you would like more information please email me.

Alexander Tsankov
Alexander Tsankov
01:17 Aug-03-2000
Carbon Steel Tubes
Dear Sirs,
I am interested in Carbon Steel Tubes with diameter 40-48mm. If you can help me please send me Reply on my e-mail: powercom@netbg.com.

Sincerelly Yours
A. Tsankov

Product Spotlight

Panther

M2M PANTHER is a phased-array equipment designed for both desktop and industrial applications, offer
ing unparalleled performance in a compact unit. It combines the speed required for industrial integrated Phased-Array Ultrasound (PAUT) solutions, with the most complete set of total focusing method (TFM) imaging techniques, making it the ultimate tool for R&D and procedure qualification.
>

XRHRobotStar

In high volume industries like automotive the requirement for a hundred percent X-ray inspection c
reates a bottleneck in the production. The XRHRobotStar is a fully Automated Defect Recognition (ADR) capable robot-system that allows an ultra-fast in-line inspection.
>

SONOAIR - air-coupled Phased Array Ultrasonic Inspection System

For highly attenuating materials, the performance of the system is critical. The ultrasonic sensors,
the scanning area and the system settings should be flexibly adapted to the test task and the material. These high expectations are met with the new and modular testing system SONOAIR. With the world’s first air-coupled phased-array UT inspection system SONOAIR we developed a technology that works with up to 4 transmitter and receiver channels with freely configurable square wave burst transmitters as wells as low noise receiving amplifiers.
>

OmniScan™ X3 flaw detector

The OmniScan X3 flaw detector is a complete phased array toolbox. Powerful tools, like total focus
ing method (TFM) images and advanced visualization capabilities, enable you to complete your inspection with greater confidence.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window