where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
David Baum
David Baum
09:21 Jun-23-2000
Thin Gauge Steel Tubes

I am looking for a reliable way to UT thin gauge, under 5/16", steel tube that has a circumferential joint joined utilizing a backing bar.

Tom Nelligan
Engineering,
retired, USA, Joined Nov 1998, 390

Tom Nelligan

Engineering,
retired,
USA,
Joined Nov 1998
09:30 Jun-23-2000
Re: Thin Gauge Steel Tubes
: I am looking for a reliable way to UT thin gauge, under 5/16", steel tube that has a circumferential joint joined utilizing a backing bar.

I'm not sure I'm properly visualizing what you're doing, but if it's a brazed or welded joint, we may be able to do something with small diameter, sharply focussed immersion transducers and appropriate fixturing. The tube diameter itself is not a problem. If it's just mechanically clamped, on the other hand, it's not a good application for ultrasonic flaw detection.

I'd be happy to look at a drawing if you can send one.

--Tom Nelligan
Panametrics, Inc.

Joseph Pascente
Engineering
Lixi, Inc., USA, Joined Nov 1998, 39

Joseph Pascente

Engineering
Lixi, Inc.,
USA,
Joined Nov 1998
07:02 Jun-25-2000
Dear Tom,

Go to www.lixi.com and then to Profiler. This non
contact wall thickness gauge will measure the wall
thickness of thin gauge steel tubes.

Regards,

Lixi, Inc.

Joe Pascente

Rick Pfannenstiel
Consultant
Spin LLC, USA, Joined Jun 2000, 1

Rick Pfannenstiel

Consultant
Spin LLC,
USA,
Joined Jun 2000
04:14 Jun-29-2000
We have been inspecting buttwelds in .056"T by 1.0" diameter buttwelds in inconnel tubing with great success using FAST ultrasonics. The backing ring should not be a problem. Not sure that this application is close to what you are doing. If you would like more information please email me.

Alexander Tsankov
Alexander Tsankov
01:17 Aug-03-2000
Carbon Steel Tubes
Dear Sirs,
I am interested in Carbon Steel Tubes with diameter 40-48mm. If you can help me please send me Reply on my e-mail: powercom@netbg.com.

Sincerelly Yours
A. Tsankov

Product Spotlight

NEW! The PragmaPro Instrument Platform

The PragmaPro is based on a modular cartridge technology and supports various NDT instrument modal
ities such as UT, PAUT, ECT and many more. This new platform is based on a machined, powder-coated aluminum frame for shock-proofness, best sealing qualities and maximum heat dissipation. This is practical to extend the outdoor temperature range and/or to extend the power injected in the transducers. The PragmaPro is aiming at a very wide range of applications, such as weld scanning, corrosion mapping and composite testing.
>

HD-CR 35 NDT Computed Radiography System

Portable high-resolution CR scanner for all radiography applications - weld testing, profile images
and aerospace. No matter what type of radiographic testing you are performing, the unique TreFoc Technology of the HD-CR 35 NDT imaging plate scanner always guarantees the highest image quality.
>

Varex Imaging Large Field of View (FOV) Digital Detector Arrays (DDAs)

A larger FOV DDA can reduce the space and volume of the X-ray inspection system on the factory floor
, enable faster scanning times, better throughput and better resolution images at a lower dose. Customers can also save time and money. With these benefits in mind, Varex Imaging has designed a family of large FOV detectors (4343HE, XRD 1611, 4343DX-I, 4343CT) for our industrial imaging customers.
>

FAAST-PA! OEM Patented phased Array for high speed UT inspection

Multiangle, Multifocus, Multifrequency, Multibeam. Instead of stacking UT electronics and having m
any PA probes, FAAST-PA is able to transmit all delay laws within ONE single shot in Real time.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window