where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Career Discussions
Clifton Sluss
Clifton Sluss
03:56 Oct-10-2003
x-ray film processors

Does anyone have information on GE aquiring Agfa? Need to know if the money would be well spent on agfa's tradition x-ray processing equipment. What are GE's plans for NDT in this area?

Ralph
Ralph
05:49 Feb-25-2004
Re: x-ray film processors
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Does anyone have information on GE aquiring Agfa? Need to know if the money would be well spent on agfa's tradition x-ray processing equipment. What are GE's plans for NDT in this area?
------------ End Original Message ------------
GE seems to be activly selling film, processors and parts for the AGFA NDT processors. I work with them everyday. Go for it!

Scott Longstreet
Scott Longstreet
02:48 Feb-25-2004
: : Does anyone have information on GE aquiring Agfa? Need to know if the money would be well spent on agfa's tradition x-ray processing equipment. What are GE's plans for NDT in this area?
: GE seems to be activly selling film, processors and parts for the AGFA NDT processors. I work with them everyday. Go for it!
I use all Agfa products. Film, Solutions and a NDT-E film processor.The processor has infrared drying,a water saving feature and produces blemish free film!

Fred Raco, Jr.
Consultant,
RNDT, Inc., USA, Joined Jul 2002, 24

Fred Raco, Jr.

Consultant,
RNDT, Inc.,
USA,
Joined Jul 2002
04:07 Feb-26-2004
: : : Does anyone have information on GE aquiring Agfa? Need to know if the money would be well spent on agfa's tradition x-ray processing equipment. What are GE's plans for NDT in this area?
: : GE seems to be activly selling film, processors and parts for the AGFA NDT processors. I work with them everyday. Go for it!
: I use all Agfa products. Film, Solutions and a NDT-E film processor.The processor has infrared drying,a water saving feature and produces blemish free film!

We have a Pantak/Seifert X-ray tube, Agfa processor, and use their chemistry and film. We couldn't have hooked up with a better company. We are important to them and they let us know that. Excellent "after the sale" service!

Dave Davies
Dave Davies
01:24 Feb-27-2004
: : : Does anyone have information on GE aquiring Agfa? Need to know if the money would be well spent on agfa's tradition x-ray processing equipment. What are GE's plans for NDT in this area?
: : GE seems to be activly selling film, processors and parts for the AGFA NDT processors. I work with them everyday. Go for it!
: I use all Agfa products. Film, Solutions and a NDT-E film processor.The processor has infrared drying,a water saving feature and produces blemish free film!

It is interesting that the replies to this query, so far, are all testimonials. I too am using an AGFA processor which is scheduled for replacement this year. I would like to replace with AGFA as we use their films and chemistry.
What about a direct reply from GE on their committment? This is a major purchase and will need support for some years, are GE and AGFA going to commit?
What about non film radiography, has anyone any information on it replacing conventional film for on site work e.g. radiography of 20 - 36 inch diameter piping up to 2 inches thick?

Fred Raco, Jr.
Consultant,
RNDT, Inc., USA, Joined Jul 2002, 24

Fred Raco, Jr.

Consultant,
RNDT, Inc.,
USA,
Joined Jul 2002
04:02 Feb-27-2004
: : : : Does anyone have information on GE aquiring Agfa? Need to know if the money would be well spent on agfa's tradition x-ray processing equipment. What are GE's plans for NDT in this area?
: : : GE seems to be activly selling film, processors and parts for the AGFA NDT processors. I work with them everyday. Go for it!
: : I use all Agfa products. Film, Solutions and a NDT-E film processor.The processor has infrared drying,a water saving feature and produces blemish free film!
:
: It is interesting that the replies to this query, so far, are all testimonials. I too am using an AGFA processor which is scheduled for replacement this year. I would like to replace with AGFA as we use their films and chemistry.
: What about a direct reply from GE on their committment? This is a major purchase and will need support for some years, are GE and AGFA going to commit?
: What about non film radiography, has anyone any information on it replacing conventional film for on site work e.g. radiography of 20 - 36 inch diameter piping up to 2 inches thick?

What specification are you shooting too? ASME V, Article 2, Appendix 4 will give you some information.

Product Spotlight

NovaScope 6000

The all-digital Novascope 6000 is a portable, ultra-high precision thickness gauge for high-speed
thickness measurement. Novascope 6000 has unmatched capabilities and unique features including: •Superior Resolution with high contrast, high-speed color RF display •High pulser voltage •Real-time video output •Increased internal/external data storage •Programmable SetUp features •Battery & AC Powered
>

GEKKO - Portable Phased Array Testing with TFM in Real-Time

The portable phased array testing system GEKKO provides 64 parallel test channels. On creating testi
ng parameters the operator is assisted by the CIVA software. Due to its modular set-up the GEKKO instrument is suitable for operators of all skill levels.
>

High-performance Linear Phased Array Probes

Available to order from stock in a range of 5MHz – 7.5MHz and from 16 to 64 elements. Designed w
ith piezo-composite elements, Phoenix phased array probes provide high-resolution imaging to maximise sensitivity; accurate ultrasonic detection and sizing of defects in welds; and effective corrosion mapping. Housed in a rugged stainless steel case for on-site industrial NDT applications.
>

CIVA 2017 UT Module

CIVA NDE Simulation Software is the world leader of NDT Simulation. The UT simulation Module incl
udes: - "Beam computation": Beam propagation simulation - "Inspection Simulation": Beam interaction with flaws or specimens The user can simulate a whole inspection process (pulse echo, tandem or TOFD) with a wide range of probes (conventional, Phased- arrays or EMAT), components, and flaws.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window