where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

KARL DEUTSCH
INSTRUMENTS AND SYSTEMS FOR NON-DESTRUCTIVE TESTING OF MATERIALS.

Career Discussions
Cam Garner
Cam Garner
00:10 Dec-19-2003
Book by Kino

Hello,

I am a transducer designer from Canada. I am looking for the book:

G.S. Kino, Acoustic Waves, devices, imaging & analog signal processing, Prentice-Hall,1987.
ISBN: 0130030473

It is out of print and the copy they had at the British Library is missing. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Cam

Darren Twop
Darren Twop
08:46 Dec-19-2003
Re: Book by Kino
This is a great book, I once had a copy but quality books have a tendency to go missing...

I too would like to find another copy.

Darren Twop

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hello,
: I am a transducer designer from Canada. I am looking for the book:
: G.S. Kino, Acoustic Waves, devices, imaging & analog signal processing, Prentice-Hall,1987.
: ISBN: 0130030473
: It is out of print and the copy they had at the British Library is missing. Does anybody have any suggestions?
: Cam
------------ End Original Message ------------

Joerg Schulze-Clewing
Joerg Schulze-Clewing
03:41 Dec-22-2003
Cam, it is out of print. The only place I have seen it is here but I don't know this site because I have never shopped there:

http://www.cybergates.net/item/1_0130030473_1_6_226715_index.html

Probably you'd have to search used book stores for a copy.

Good luck, Joerg.

: Hello,
: G.S. Kino, Acoustic Waves, devices, imaging & analog signal processing, Prentice-Hall,1987.
: It is out of print and the copy they had at the British Library is missing. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Tom Colter
Engineering,
Bechtel Plant Machinery Inc., USA, Joined Nov 1998, 3

Tom Colter

Engineering,
Bechtel Plant Machinery Inc.,
USA,
Joined Nov 1998
02:45 Dec-22-2003
: Cam, it is out of print. The only place I have seen it is here but I don't know this site because I have never shopped there:
: http://www.cybergates.net/item/1_0130030473_1_6_226715_index.html
: Probably you'd have to search used book stores for a copy.
: Good luck, Joerg.
: : Hello,
: : I am a transducer designer from Canada. I am looking for the book:
: : G.S. Kino, Acoustic Waves, devices, imaging & analog signal processing, Prentice-Hall,1987.
: : ISBN: 0130030473
: : It is out of print and the copy they had at the British Library is missing. Does anybody have any suggestions?
: : Cam
I don't know if iabooks.com would have it as I have never used them nor have I visited the site, but I just got an unsoliciated email from them and note they include a reprint service, that is, they will reprint out-of-print books,(probably pretty pricey. May be worth checking out.

Gordon Kino
Gordon Kino
03:05 Jun-11-2005
The book in a corrected version on CD from the IEEE UFFC (the ultrasonics group).

I also have good quality Xerox copies of the corrected version available.

Gordon :

Hello,

Product Spotlight

Research Center IDEKO develops an ultrasonic train wheel inspection system for CAF

The Basque Research centre IK4-IDEKO has developed a state-of-the-art ultrasonic inspection system f
or the train wheel. This system secures a sound condition of train wheels and is thus a significant contribution to rail transport safety. The device was delivered to CAF recently and its use allows the manufacturer to become an approved supplier of rolling stock in Italy, as it meets the demanding homologation standards of this country. \\\\r\\\\n
>

Varex Imaging Large Field of View (FOV) Digital Detector Arrays (DDAs)

A larger FOV DDA can reduce the space and volume of the X-ray inspection system on the factory floor
, enable faster scanning times, better throughput and better resolution images at a lower dose. Customers can also save time and money. With these benefits in mind, Varex Imaging has designed a family of large FOV detectors (4343HE, XRD 1611, 4343DX-I, 4343CT) for our industrial imaging customers.
>

FMC/TFM

Next generation for Phased Array UT is here now with FMC/TFM! Have higher resolution imaging, impr
oved signal to noise ratio, characterize, size and analyze defects better with access to several wave mode views and save raw FMC data for higher quality analysis.  Some of the benefits are:
  • Beautiful Image! Easier to understand what you're looking at
  • Completely focused in entire image or volume
  • Much easier to define setups before inspection
  • Easier to decipher geometry echoes from real defects
  • Oriented defects (e.g. cracks) are imaged better
  • See image from different wave modes from one FMC inspection
  • FMC data can be reprocessed/analyzed without going back to the field
>

ISONIC 3510

Very Powerful Superior Performance Extremely Portable Smart Phased Array Ultrasonic Flaw Detector an
d Recorder with 2 Conventional UT and TOFD Channels uniquely combines PA, single- and multi-channel conventional UT, and TOFD modalities providing 100% raw data recording and imaging. Suitable for all kinds of every-day ultrasonic inspections
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window