where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Iris Inspection Services, Inc.
We are the world's largest supplier of air cooler, boiler and exchanger tubing inspection services.

Career Discussions
Cam Garner
Cam Garner
00:10 Dec-19-2003
Book by Kino

Hello,

I am a transducer designer from Canada. I am looking for the book:

G.S. Kino, Acoustic Waves, devices, imaging & analog signal processing, Prentice-Hall,1987.
ISBN: 0130030473

It is out of print and the copy they had at the British Library is missing. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Cam

Darren Twop
Darren Twop
08:46 Dec-19-2003
Re: Book by Kino
This is a great book, I once had a copy but quality books have a tendency to go missing...

I too would like to find another copy.

Darren Twop

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hello,
: I am a transducer designer from Canada. I am looking for the book:
: G.S. Kino, Acoustic Waves, devices, imaging & analog signal processing, Prentice-Hall,1987.
: ISBN: 0130030473
: It is out of print and the copy they had at the British Library is missing. Does anybody have any suggestions?
: Cam
------------ End Original Message ------------

Joerg Schulze-Clewing
Joerg Schulze-Clewing
03:41 Dec-22-2003
Cam, it is out of print. The only place I have seen it is here but I don't know this site because I have never shopped there:

http://www.cybergates.net/item/1_0130030473_1_6_226715_index.html

Probably you'd have to search used book stores for a copy.

Good luck, Joerg.

: Hello,
: G.S. Kino, Acoustic Waves, devices, imaging & analog signal processing, Prentice-Hall,1987.
: It is out of print and the copy they had at the British Library is missing. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Tom Colter
Engineering,
Bechtel Plant Machinery Inc., USA, Joined Nov 1998, 3

Tom Colter

Engineering,
Bechtel Plant Machinery Inc.,
USA,
Joined Nov 1998
02:45 Dec-22-2003
: Cam, it is out of print. The only place I have seen it is here but I don't know this site because I have never shopped there:
: http://www.cybergates.net/item/1_0130030473_1_6_226715_index.html
: Probably you'd have to search used book stores for a copy.
: Good luck, Joerg.
: : Hello,
: : I am a transducer designer from Canada. I am looking for the book:
: : G.S. Kino, Acoustic Waves, devices, imaging & analog signal processing, Prentice-Hall,1987.
: : ISBN: 0130030473
: : It is out of print and the copy they had at the British Library is missing. Does anybody have any suggestions?
: : Cam
I don't know if iabooks.com would have it as I have never used them nor have I visited the site, but I just got an unsoliciated email from them and note they include a reprint service, that is, they will reprint out-of-print books,(probably pretty pricey. May be worth checking out.

Gordon Kino
Gordon Kino
03:05 Jun-11-2005
The book in a corrected version on CD from the IEEE UFFC (the ultrasonics group).

I also have good quality Xerox copies of the corrected version available.

Gordon :

Hello,

Product Spotlight

ISONIC 3510

Very Powerful Superior Performance Extremely Portable Smart Phased Array Ultrasonic Flaw Detector an
d Recorder with 2 Conventional UT and TOFD Channels uniquely combines PA, single- and multi-channel conventional UT, and TOFD modalities providing 100% raw data recording and imaging. Suitable for all kinds of every-day ultrasonic inspections
>

TOPAZ® 64: Fully Integrated Portable 64 Channel PAUT Instrument with FMC & TFM

Introducing TOPAZ64, the industry’s most intelligent fully integrated, portable 64-channel phased
array ultrasound (UT) instrument. TOPAZ64 combines code-compliant phased array UT with the industry’s most advanced full matrix capture (FMC) and total focusing method (TFM) capabilities. Featuring the highest acquisition frequency in its class, high resolution FMC and a 12” multi-touchscreen, users can easily visualize even the smallest flaws. TOPAZ64 can generate a bipolar pulse that provides more acoustic energy versus previous models for punching through thick components. The result is a portable tool that delivers increased inspection coverage, more accurate signals, and the ability to handle all UT inspections in one package. TOPAZ64 is ideal for challenging applications in transportation, oil and gas, manufacturing and power generation.
>

Lyft™: Pulsed Eddy Current Reinvented

PEC Reinvented—CUI Programs Redefined Corrosion under insulation (CUI) is possibly the greatest u
nresolved asset integrity problem in the industry. Current methods for measuring wall thickness with liftoff, without removing insulation, all have severe limitations. Eddyfi introduces Lyft — a reinvented, high-performance pulsed eddy current (PEC) solution. The patent- pending system features a state-of-the-art portable instrument, real- time C-scan imaging, fast data acquisition with grid-mapping and dynamic scanning modes, and flexibility with long cables. It can also scan through thick metal and insulation, as well as aluminum, stainless steel, and galvanized steel weather jackets. Who else but Eddyfi to reinvent an eddy current technique and redefine CUI programs. Got Lyft?
>

TESTD-PT SYSTEM

Pulse thermography is a non-contact test method that is ideal for the characterization of thin fil
ms and coatings or the detection of defects. With a remarquable short test time and a high detection sensitivity, the Telops TESTD-PT is the perfect tool for non- destructive testing. With such high frame rates, it is even possible to investigate highly conductive or diffusive materials.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window