where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

ULTRASOUND INSTITUTE
The Ultrasound Institute can develop new advanced ultrasonic measurement, imaging and NDT techniques for non-conventional applications.
Career Discussions
Godfrey Hands
Consultant,
PRI Nadcap, United Kingdom, Joined Nov 1998, 303

Godfrey Hands

Consultant,
PRI Nadcap,
United Kingdom,
Joined Nov 1998
06:58 Oct-25-2004
C-Scan Tracking

Hi,
Some years ago I saw a device that tracked an Ultrasonic Probe with a TV camera, and plotted the position on a monitor.
This was for C-Scanning.
I believe the probe had a small LED on it, and the camera tracked that.

Does anybody have any information about this?

Regards,

Godfrey Hands

Jan Verkooijen
Director,
Sonovation, Netherlands, Joined Nov 1998, 29

Jan Verkooijen

Director,
Sonovation,
Netherlands,
Joined Nov 1998
00:30 Oct-26-2004
Re: C-Scan Tracking
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hi,
: Some years ago I saw a device that tracked an Ultrasonic Probe with a TV camera, and plotted the position on a monitor.
: This was for C-Scanning.
: I believe the probe had a small LED on it, and the camera tracked that.
: Does anybody have any information about this?
: Regards,
: Godfrey Hands
------------ End Original Message ------------

Godfrey,

The system was originally 'invented' by UKAEA. Sonomatic built a commercial system initially, to display corrosion images. We have further developed the technique and make it available in our Sonovision system. The system can work on flat plates, bends, pipes, tees et cetera. It has also been succesfully applied at high temperatures. Please drop me a line and I will send you a full description of the system, or have a look at our website.

Best regards,

Jan Verkooijen

John O'Brien
Consultant, -
Chevron ETC , USA, Joined Jan 2000, 280

John O'Brien

Consultant, -
Chevron ETC ,
USA,
Joined Jan 2000
06:18 Oct-26-2004
The device you refer to is SEESCAN from AEA. I believe it is now with Veritec. Their contact details are on NDT net.

Alternatively contact Physical Acoustics Limited. they have a similar free motion scanning device which employs electromagnetic tracking. This avoids some of the problems encountered with the LED Device.

Jim Knowles
Jim Knowles
05:08 Oct-26-2004
Godfrey,
You are correct, originaly developed by AEA,but the system has now been much improved.
The system is now more reliable and the probe following capability better.
Please contact Phoenix Inspection Systems for further informion on 01925 826000.

: Hi,
: Some years ago I saw a device that tracked an Ultrasonic Probe with a TV camera, and plotted the position on a monitor.
: This was for C-Scanning.
: I believe the probe had a small LED on it, and the camera tracked that.
: Does anybody have any information about this?
: Regards,
: Godfrey Hands
------------ End Original Message ------------

Product Spotlight

YXLON Cougar EVO

Scalable small footprint X-ray inspection systems for assembly and laboratory applications. The
YXLON Cougar EVO series was designed to provide the "best-in- class" inspection solutions for SMT, semiconductor, and laboratory assembly applications, while maintaining a small system footprint for maximum convenience. With optimized software and hardware, these systems produce higher quality and more consistent results than other electronics inspection systems currently on the market.
>

NEW - TD Focus-ScanRX

The NEW Next Generation Advanced UT platform, TD Focus ScanRX - Also available as a card stack solut
ion. Key Improvements 1. Data acquisition is significantly faster than current design 2. Better aesthetic – closely aligns with HandyScan RX 3. Improved IP rating (Target IP66) 4. Ruggedized housing 5. Connectors are protected from impact and ingress 6. Integrated stand and separate retractable handle easy to keep clean) 7. Touchscreen with ruggedized display glass 8. 3-Axis encoder input
>

Compact NDT inspection-heads for measurements with active thermography

The compact inspection head is suitable for thermographic ndt tasks. The uncooled infrared camera
is specially developed for NDI-tasks and offers a thermal sensitivity until now known only from thermal imagers with cooled detector. All required components and functions are integrated into the inspection-head. You will only need an ethernet cable to connect the sensor with the evaluation system.
>

HARDNESS TESTER TKM-459CE combi

TKM-459CE combi applies 2 methods of hardness control: UCI and Leeb. It provides high-accuracy tes
ting of metals and alloys as well as items of different sizes and configurations, their hardened layers and galvanic coatings. Device represents results in HB, HRC, HV and others. Shock-, dust- and water-proof housing with intuitive software make this gauge easy to use in all working conditions.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window