where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

GE Inspection Technologies
Inspection Technologies, a business of the Baker Hughes, a GE company (BHGE IT), is one of the world's leading suppliers of nondestructive testin ...
Career Discussions
Michel Couture
NDT Inspector,
consultant, Canada, Joined Sep 2006, 854

Michel Couture

NDT Inspector,
consultant,
Canada,
Joined Sep 2006
02:23 Jun-30-2008
EN473 / PCN / CSWIP

Hi,

On a previous post, a few questions that I have got lost in the shuffle. I guess we were a little abosrbed by what PCN stands for.

Now I would like to know where in Canada or the US could I write the exams and what is the difference between the EN473, PCN and CSWIP?

Michel

Ed Ginzel
R & D, -
Materials Research Institute, Canada, Joined Nov 1998, 1280

Ed Ginzel

R & D, -
Materials Research Institute,
Canada,
Joined Nov 1998
06:03 Jun-30-2008
Re: EN473 / PCN / CSWIP
Michel:
TWI is capable of providing an examination conforming to EN473. They have recently opened an office in Houston. I suggest you contact their office to see what can be done to meet your needs,
Contact
Floyd A Baker
Vice President
TWI North America LLC
Tele - 281-680-2000
Fax - 281-680-2004
Mobile - 936-433-8202
Toll Free - 800-994-1638
floyd.baker@twinorthamerica.com

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hi,
: On a previous post, a few questions that I have got lost in the shuffle. I guess we were a little abosrbed by what PCN stands for.
: Now I would like to know where in Canada or the US could I write the exams and what is the difference between the EN473, PCN and CSWIP?
: Michel
------------ End Original Message ------------

Michel Couture
NDT Inspector,
consultant, Canada, Joined Sep 2006, 854

Michel Couture

NDT Inspector,
consultant,
Canada,
Joined Sep 2006
01:31 Jun-30-2008
Re: EN473 / PCN / CSWIP
Ed,

You're a scholar and a gentleman,

Thanks a bunch,

Michel

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Michel:
: TWI is capable of providing an examination conforming to EN473. They have recently opened an office in Houston. I suggest you contact their office to see what can be done to meet your needs,
: Contact
: Floyd A Baker
: Vice President
: TWI North America LLC
: Tele - 281-680-2000
: Fax - 281-680-2004
: Mobile - 936-433-8202
: Toll Free - 800-994-1638
: floyd.baker@twinorthamerica.com
:
: : Hi,
: : On a previous post, a few questions that I have got lost in the shuffle. I guess we were a little abosrbed by what PCN stands for.
: : Now I would like to know where in Canada or the US could I write the exams and what is the difference between the EN473, PCN and CSWIP?
: : Michel
------------ End Original Message ------------

Product Spotlight

OmniScan™ X3 flaw detector

The OmniScan X3 flaw detector is a complete phased array toolbox. Powerful tools, like total focus
ing method (TFM) images and advanced visualization capabilities, enable you to complete your inspection with greater confidence.
>

Ultrasonic Testing Immersion Tanks with Unmatched Scanning Features

TecScan’s non-destructive testing Ultrasonic Immersion Tanks & scanners are designed for high pe
rformance and demanding NDT testing applications. Our Scan3D™ line of High Precision Immersion Tanks are specifically designed for automated ultrasonic testing of complex composites parts used in aerospace and industrial applications.
>

Sci Aps Z-Series Portable Handheld Analysers

The world’s only handheld analyzer that measures carbon content in stainless (yes even L-grades),s
teels, and cast irons. Also accepted for low Si analysis for sulfidic corrosion analysis, and is widely used in the power industry for Cr analysis, for flow accelerated corrosion applications.
>

MIZ®-21C: Truly Affordable Eddy Current Handheld with Surface Array Capability

Introducing MIZ-21C, the first truly affordable handheld eddy current instrument with surface array
capabilities. MIZ-21C can deliver fast, accurate inspections in demanding NDT applications including aerospace, oil and gas, manufacturing, and power generation. The surface array solution can reduce inspection time by up to 95% compared to traditional handheld pencil probes. The ergonomic design, long battery life, and intuitive touchscreen mean you can inspect more areas faster than ever without fatigue.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window