where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Zawada NDT
Suppliers of instruments to test steel wire ropes in-situ, using magnetic, non-destructive method.

Career Discussions
mj
mj
01:11 Sep-13-2008
MFL/EMFL Equipment 4 pipline inspection

Hello friends, Iam looking one MFL Equipment for inspection 4" and 6" flowline to find corrosion and pittings from outside the pipe( not a pigging tool) if some one know about these kind of Equipment please let me know. I know about Silverwing and NewTech Equipments. i need some other manufacture
cheers
MJ

Jim Yukes
Jim Yukes
08:13 Sep-14-2008
Re: MFL/EMFL Equipment 4 pipline inspection
Pan American Industries makes a UT tool for pipeline inspection that might be useful.
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hello friends, Iam looking one MFL Equipment for inspection 4" and 6" flowline to find corrosion and pittings from outside the pipe( not a pigging tool) if some one know about these kind of Equipment please let me know. I know about Silverwing and NewTech Equipments. i need some other manufacture
: cheers
: MJ
------------ End Original Message ------------

Rafal Mis
Sales, - Technical Support
Olympus Poland, Poland, Joined Sep 2008, 11

Rafal Mis

Sales, - Technical Support
Olympus Poland,
Poland,
Joined Sep 2008
02:02 Sep-15-2008
: Hello friends, Iam looking one MFL Equipment for inspection 4" and 6" flowline to find corrosion and pittings from outside the pipe( not a pigging tool) if some one know about these kind of Equipment please let me know. I know about Silverwing and NewTech Equipments. i need some other manufacture

ULTRA from Poland is making UT equipment for pipes testing. This equipment allows thin pipes testing 2-8 mm. If you need some further informations, let me know.
Regards,
Rafal Mis

Ron Alers
Director, - - President of EMAT Ultrasonics Inc.
USA, Joined Feb 2007, 4

Ron Alers

Director, - - President of EMAT Ultrasonics Inc.
USA,
Joined Feb 2007
00:38 Sep-15-2008
Dear MJ,
There is another technique using EMAT circumferential guided waves which ultrasonically inspect the full body of the pipe as you scan down the length of he pipe. This technique only requires access to one side of the pipe so it does not need complete exposure and is highly effective screening tool for pitting, MIC, or general corrosion. This in our CIRC tool and there are many Inspection Service Providers or you could acquire the tools and training to do it your self. You can get more information at: www.sonicsensors.com or contact me directly, the developer, and manufacturer. Cordially,
Ron Alers

Larry Hopper
Larry Hopper
02:23 Sep-17-2008
There are a number of things available for scanning pipe from the OD. One you should investigate is the TesTex PS2000. This is a very effective method for scanning from the OD. If you contact me, I wills end you information about pipe scanning and experiences with past uses.

Product Spotlight

CIVA 2017 UT Module

CIVA NDE Simulation Software is the world leader of NDT Simulation. The UT simulation Module incl
udes: - "Beam computation": Beam propagation simulation - "Inspection Simulation": Beam interaction with flaws or specimens The user can simulate a whole inspection process (pulse echo, tandem or TOFD) with a wide range of probes (conventional, Phased- arrays or EMAT), components, and flaws.
>

TOPAZ® 64: Fully Integrated Portable 64 Channel PAUT Instrument with FMC & TFM

Introducing TOPAZ64, the industry’s most intelligent fully integrated, portable 64-channel phased
array ultrasound (UT) instrument. TOPAZ64 combines code-compliant phased array UT with the industry’s most advanced full matrix capture (FMC) and total focusing method (TFM) capabilities. Featuring the highest acquisition frequency in its class, high resolution FMC and a 12” multi-touchscreen, users can easily visualize even the smallest flaws. TOPAZ64 can generate a bipolar pulse that provides more acoustic energy versus previous models for punching through thick components. The result is a portable tool that delivers increased inspection coverage, more accurate signals, and the ability to handle all UT inspections in one package. TOPAZ64 is ideal for challenging applications in transportation, oil and gas, manufacturing and power generation.
>

SITEX CPSERIES

Teledyne ICM’s CPSERIES has been designed with a view to revolutionizing the handling and perfor
mances of portable X-Ray sets. Despite having managed to halve the weight of similar portable X-Ray generators available on the market (while continuing to provide the same power output), the SITEX CPSERIES generators feature a shutter, a laser pointer, a beryllium window, an aluminum filter and two integrated diaphragms (customized sizes are available upon request). Without compromising the robustness and reliability for which ICM products are renowned, the small size and light weight of the SITEX CPSERIES will radically change the way that you perform your RT inspections. And you will see a positive impact in terms of both quality and return on investment (ROI).
>

Teletest Focus+

Teletest Focus+ electronics have superior capabilities than rivals on the market. Beyond the usual
test features, Focus+ has 24 transmit channels and 24 receive channels, with an additional on-board switching capabilities. The instrument's frequency range is 10–300 kHz.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window