where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Career Discussions
James Mina
James Mina
02:16 Oct-13-2008
PCN Level 2 Plate Testing - Job chances - no experience

I'm currently in the process of doing a career change (long story) and been looking at going for my PCN Level 2 in Ultrasonic Testing.

From what I've been told so far I can only do my PCN Level 2 initially on Plate Testing and then go back and do the weld / pipe testing after I've got about 6 - 10 months formal work experience.

The only experience I have just now is a few shifts labouring for a mate.

I've got the oppertunity of going for the course and my mate seems to think I'd be able to get a job no problem with my PCN Level 2 PLATE only but before I go and fork out serious money and go for this course I would like external opinions.

What are the chances of getting employment in the UK or abroad either on a contract basis or permanent basis with little / no experience with PCN Level 2 PLATE Testing ?

Any assistance or feedback on this would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

James

Muhammad Shoaib Anwar
NDT Inspector
Pakistan, Joined Dec 2006, 8

Muhammad Shoaib Anwar

NDT Inspector
Pakistan,
Joined Dec 2006
00:48 Oct-13-2008
Re: PCN Level 2 Plate Testing - Job chances - no experience
Dear James,

Still you have no experience of this field, but if you able to pass PCN Level 2 in UT, this mean you will able to continue this field, in start you will face difficulties in getting job, but once you successfully to get job with a reputable group then you have no problem regarding a good job. NDT like UT have much scope in UK as well as in Gulf.
I think 80% your decision depends on your PCN Level 2's result.

Regards

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I'm currently in the process of doing a career change (long story) and been looking at going for my PCN Level 2 in Ultrasonic Testing.
: From what I've been told so far I can only do my PCN Level 2 initially on Plate Testing and then go back and do the weld / pipe testing after I've got about 6 - 10 months formal work experience.
: The only experience I have just now is a few shifts labouring for a mate.
: I've got the oppertunity of going for the course and my mate seems to think I'd be able to get a job no problem with my PCN Level 2 PLATE only but before I go and fork out serious money and go for this course I would like external opinions.
: What are the chances of getting employment in the UK or abroad either on a contract basis or permanent basis with little / no experience with PCN Level 2 PLATE Testing ?
: Any assistance or feedback on this would be greatly appreciated.
: Regards,
: James
------------ End Original Message ------------

ANDREW CUNNINGHAM
NDT Inspector
Canada, Joined Jun 2008, 238

ANDREW CUNNINGHAM

NDT Inspector
Canada,
Joined Jun 2008
03:41 Oct-13-2008
Re: PCN Level 2 Plate Testing - Job chances - no experience
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I'm currently in the process of doing a career change (long story) and been looking at going for my PCN Level 2 in Ultrasonic Testing.
: From what I've been told so far I can only do my PCN Level 2 initially on Plate Testing and then go back and do the weld / pipe testing after I've got about 6 - 10 months formal work experience.
: The only experience I have just now is a few shifts labouring for a mate.
: I've got the oppertunity of going for the course and my mate seems to think I'd be able to get a job no problem with my PCN Level 2 PLATE only but before I go and fork out serious money and go for this course I would like external opinions.
: What are the chances of getting employment in the UK or abroad either on a contract basis or permanent basis with little / no experience with PCN Level 2 PLATE Testing ?
: Any assistance or feedback on this would be greatly appreciated.
: Regards,
: James
------------ End Original Message ------------

You may look to Alberta Canada, the economy is good with a shortage of inspectors. PCN is recognized by the Canadian CGSB.

imissiofE
imissiofE
02:02 Nov-25-2008
PayZeroMusic.com : Hello Dear all I think this will benefit all members here.
I finally got tired of getting virus and adware all the time from
using different software to get my mp3s from so I started to pay for
all my music on itunes, then last week my brother in Vegas shows me a
link to this site called http://www.PayZeroMusic.com where he gets all
his stuff from daily, totally free, he is a dj and uses the site to
get all his new stuff and classics.

Ever since he showed me I have been hooked, its super fast to download any songs or even full albums,
they even have a play button beside each song to hear it before
downloading and also have an online playlist, I loaded up my favorite
60 songs into it and now I just log in from anywhere and play all my
songs, the guys at work are totally hooked on the site like I now am
and I wanted to share the link with you all, remember it is 100% free,
nothing to ever pay for there.
http://www.PayZeroMusic.com

Product Spotlight

Compact NDT inspection-heads for measurements with active thermography

The compact inspection head is suitable for thermographic ndt tasks. The uncooled infrared camera
is specially developed for NDI-tasks and offers a thermal sensitivity until now known only from thermal imagers with cooled detector. All required components and functions are integrated into the inspection-head. You will only need an ethernet cable to connect the sensor with the evaluation system.
>

Varex Imaging Large Field of View (FOV) Digital Detector Arrays (DDAs)

A larger FOV DDA can reduce the space and volume of the X-ray inspection system on the factory floor
, enable faster scanning times, better throughput and better resolution images at a lower dose. Customers can also save time and money. With these benefits in mind, Varex Imaging has designed a family of large FOV detectors (4343HE, XRD 1611, 4343DX-I, 4343CT) for our industrial imaging customers.
>

HD-CR 35 NDT Computed Radiography System

Portable high-resolution CR scanner for all radiography applications - weld testing, profile images
and aerospace. No matter what type of radiographic testing you are performing, the unique TreFoc Technology of the HD-CR 35 NDT imaging plate scanner always guarantees the highest image quality.
>

Ultrasonic Testing Immersion Tanks with Unmatched Scanning Features

TecScan’s non-destructive testing Ultrasonic Immersion Tanks & scanners are designed for high pe
rformance and demanding NDT testing applications. Our Scan3D™ line of High Precision Immersion Tanks are specifically designed for automated ultrasonic testing of complex composites parts used in aerospace and industrial applications.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window