where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
Dave Wilkes
Dave Wilkes
08:55 Oct-28-2000
Data acquisition & USN52R

Data acquisition & USN52R

How can I do the data acquisition from the USN52R, this equipment has an auxiliary port but the output is in DC values, I need to get and RF signal for post-processing whit DSP tools.

"This message was posted on behalf of Roberto Henry who does not have internet access, but has an email address. Therefore could anyone answering this question also email Roberto a copy at henry@aconci.perla.inf.cu "

Wolfgang.Bisle
Wolfgang.Bisle
01:57 Nov-06-2000
Re: Data acquisition & USN52R
Do it by reading out the instrument digitally via RS232 - it is the only standard way. But I guess it is much too slow for a DSP.
Why don't you use a PC-Card based system for such an application. Then you can get access to the raw data as quick as possible. The USN52 is really the wrong instrument for this.
For a good performance you may use a standard PC digitizer slotcard with sufficient speed and dynamic (SONIXS, Signatec, GAGE, Spectrum, ACQIRIS). These cards often might be directly interfaced to a DSP.
And look for a good pulser/receiver board - that's all you need for optimum signal processing. If the receiver das DAC capabilities, don't forget to take this into account into your DSP routines.

Richard Kazares
Richard Kazares
02:40 Nov-07-2000
A new additiuon to our Digital Signal Processing product line is the newly introduced, 12 bit A/D board manufactured by Physical Acoustics Corporation. This 100 MSamples/second board interfaces (piggy-back using 1 PCI slot only) with an available 300/400 V. Pulser/Receiver board.

Contact Physical Acoustics Corporation for more information. www.pacndt.com

: Data acquisition & USN52R
:
: How can I do the data acquisition from the USN52R, this equipment has an auxiliary port but the output is in DC values, I need to get and RF signal for post-processing whit DSP tools.

: "This message was posted on behalf of Roberto Henry who does not have internet access, but has an email address. Therefore could anyone answering this question also email Roberto a copy at henry@aconci.perla.inf.cu "

liheping
liheping
06:02 Jan-11-2001
: Do it by reading out the instrument digitally via RS232 - it is the only standard way. But I guess it is much too slow for a DSP.
: Why don't you use a PC-Card based system for such an application. Then you can get access to the raw data as quick as possible. The USN52 is really the wrong instrument for this.
: For a good performance you may use a standard PC digitizer slotcard with sufficient speed and dynamic (SONIXS, Signatec, GAGE, Spectrum, ACQIRIS). These cards often might be directly interfaced to a DSP.
: And look for a good pulser/receiver board - that's all you need for optimum signal processing. If the receiver das DAC capabilities, don't forget to take this into account into your DSP routines.

Sasha Grebenyuk
Sasha Grebenyuk
02:04 Dec-07-2001
Undocumented commands of USN 52!
Hello!
Can anybody tell me something about undocumented commands of USN 52 (M4): DA, JD, JW, YP, YY?

Best regards...
Sasha Grebenyuk

Product Spotlight

SONOAIR - air-coupled Phased Array Ultrasonic Inspection System

For highly attenuating materials, the performance of the system is critical. The ultrasonic sensors,
the scanning area and the system settings should be flexibly adapted to the test task and the material. These high expectations are met with the new and modular testing system SONOAIR. With the world’s first air-coupled phased-array UT inspection system SONOAIR we developed a technology that works with up to 4 transmitter and receiver channels with freely configurable square wave burst transmitters as wells as low noise receiving amplifiers.
>

iProbe - USB Phased Array Probe

Turn your PC, Laptop or Tablet into a powerful 32:64 Phased Array system with our USB powered Phas
ed Array iProbe and inspection software package. Perform affordable weld inspection and corrosion mapping inspections with this powerful but small system. The probe has a 100V pulser, 8K PRF, dual axis encoder input and achieves outstanding signal quality.
>

YXLON Cougar EVO

Scalable small footprint X-ray inspection systems for assembly and laboratory applications. The
YXLON Cougar EVO series was designed to provide the "best-in- class" inspection solutions for SMT, semiconductor, and laboratory assembly applications, while maintaining a small system footprint for maximum convenience. With optimized software and hardware, these systems produce higher quality and more consistent results than other electronics inspection systems currently on the market.
>

Magnetic X-Ray Pipeline Crawler

Zhong Yi brand pipeline crawler is magnetic/micro-video controlled crawler with DC X ray unit inst
alled for checking welding of pipeline. Move steadily inside the pipeline 6''-60''diameter with speed of up to 18m/min, Max. moving diatance 5 kilometers and provide the efficient inspection of the pipeline.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window