where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
yasin karavacýoglu
yasin karavacýoglu
04:25 Dec-01-2000
C-scan images

Dear experts and acedemissions,

I want to learn technical information about c-scan system.
What is the basic principles of this system.
is there any differency of using probe ?
please inform me

yasin
yasin
04:27 Dec-01-2000
Re: C-scan images
: Dear experts and acedemissions,

: I want to learn technical information about ultrasonic c-scan system.
: What is the basic principles of this system.
: is there any differency of using probe ?
: please inform me

John O'Brien
Consultant, -
Chevron ETC , USA, Joined Jan 2000, 280

John O'Brien

Consultant, -
Chevron ETC ,
USA,
Joined Jan 2000
02:35 Dec-03-2000
Re: C-scan images
I assume you are talking about C-Scan Images as in Ultrasonics and not in pipeline Current Mapping?

UT C-Scan is simply a data presentation method where by you plot X and Y positional information (usually provided by some form of probe manipulator)plus the UT signal data whether it be depth, amplitude or time of flight whatever signal component you are interested in. You can then apply color or other media to represent information at various signal levels to produce maps of the area or component under examination.

Of course once data is stored as co-ordinate and signal measurements in a computer you can apply a myriad of graphing or display tools to produce the desired image results.

Product Spotlight

MUSE Mobile Ultrasonic Equipment

The MUSE, a portable ultrasonic imaging system, was developed for in-field inspections of light-weig
ht structures. The MUSE consists of a motor-driven manipulator, a water circulation system for the acoustic coupling and a portable ultrasonic flaw detector (USPC 3010). The MUSE provides images of internal defects (A-, B-,C- and D-scan).
>

Magnetic X-Ray Pipeline Crawler

Zhong Yi brand pipeline crawler is magnetic/micro-video controlled crawler with DC X ray unit inst
alled for checking welding of pipeline. Move steadily inside the pipeline 6''-60''diameter with speed of up to 18m/min, Max. moving diatance 5 kilometers and provide the efficient inspection of the pipeline.
>

XRHRobotStar

In high volume industries like automotive the requirement for a hundred percent X-ray inspection c
reates a bottleneck in the production. The XRHRobotStar is a fully Automated Defect Recognition (ADR) capable robot-system that allows an ultra-fast in-line inspection.
>

Combination of Digital Image Correlation and Thermographic Measurements

The combination of measuring results from the digital image correlation (ARAMIS, DIC) and temperat
ure measuring data from infrared cameras permits the simultaneous analysis of the thermal and mechanical behavior of test specimens in the materials and components testing field.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window