where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
yasin karavacýoglu
yasin karavacýoglu
04:25 Dec-01-2000
C-scan images

Dear experts and acedemissions,

I want to learn technical information about c-scan system.
What is the basic principles of this system.
is there any differency of using probe ?
please inform me

yasin
yasin
04:27 Dec-01-2000
Re: C-scan images
: Dear experts and acedemissions,

: I want to learn technical information about ultrasonic c-scan system.
: What is the basic principles of this system.
: is there any differency of using probe ?
: please inform me

John O'Brien
Consultant, -
Chevron ETC , USA, Joined Jan 2000, 280

John O'Brien

Consultant, -
Chevron ETC ,
USA,
Joined Jan 2000
02:35 Dec-03-2000
Re: C-scan images
I assume you are talking about C-Scan Images as in Ultrasonics and not in pipeline Current Mapping?

UT C-Scan is simply a data presentation method where by you plot X and Y positional information (usually provided by some form of probe manipulator)plus the UT signal data whether it be depth, amplitude or time of flight whatever signal component you are interested in. You can then apply color or other media to represent information at various signal levels to produce maps of the area or component under examination.

Of course once data is stored as co-ordinate and signal measurements in a computer you can apply a myriad of graphing or display tools to produce the desired image results.

Product Spotlight

iProbe - USB Phased Array Probe

Turn your PC, Laptop or Tablet into a powerful 32:64 Phased Array system with our USB powered Phas
ed Array iProbe and inspection software package. Perform affordable weld inspection and corrosion mapping inspections with this powerful but small system. The probe has a 100V pulser, 8K PRF, dual axis encoder input and achieves outstanding signal quality.
>

Varex Imaging Large Field of View (FOV) Digital Detector Arrays (DDAs)

A larger FOV DDA can reduce the space and volume of the X-ray inspection system on the factory floor
, enable faster scanning times, better throughput and better resolution images at a lower dose. Customers can also save time and money. With these benefits in mind, Varex Imaging has designed a family of large FOV detectors (4343HE, XRD 1611, 4343DX-I, 4343CT) for our industrial imaging customers.
>

YXLON Cougar EVO

Scalable small footprint X-ray inspection systems for assembly and laboratory applications. The
YXLON Cougar EVO series was designed to provide the "best-in- class" inspection solutions for SMT, semiconductor, and laboratory assembly applications, while maintaining a small system footprint for maximum convenience. With optimized software and hardware, these systems produce higher quality and more consistent results than other electronics inspection systems currently on the market.
>

HARDNESS TESTER TKM-459CE combi

TKM-459CE combi applies 2 methods of hardness control: UCI and Leeb. It provides high-accuracy tes
ting of metals and alloys as well as items of different sizes and configurations, their hardened layers and galvanic coatings. Device represents results in HB, HRC, HV and others. Shock-, dust- and water-proof housing with intuitive software make this gauge easy to use in all working conditions.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window