where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
Jaga
Jaga
03:24 Feb-19-2009
Does Phasor XS(Phase Array) code compliace to ASME CC2235-9

Dear All,

Does Phasor XS code compliance to CC2235-9?As far I concern,this unit incompatible to execute sector scan(B-scan) with encoder to record out the scan.In short,we can't acquire recordable executed scan(side view) or even can't record defect size length.And in order to execute defect sizing,we need to do it manually by using manual UT probe. Does this attributes can comply ASME CC2235-9 in lieu of radigraphy?Please advice and correct me if I'm wrong.Thanks.

Manfred Richter
Consultant,
Richter & Tomasi Ltd., Brazil, Joined Jan 2008, 31

Manfred Richter

Consultant,
Richter & Tomasi Ltd.,
Brazil,
Joined Jan 2008
14:47 Feb-20-2009
Re: Does Phasor XS(Phase Array) code compliace to ASME CC2235-9
In Reply to Jaga at 03:24 Feb-19-2009 (Opening).

Jaga,
recently GE upgrade the phasor, and it possible to acquire encoded data now . The new ones was demonstrated for our company.

John O'Brien
Consultant, -
Chevron ETC , USA, Joined Jan 2000, 278

John O'Brien

Consultant, -
Chevron ETC ,
USA,
Joined Jan 2000
23:17 Feb-20-2009
In Reply to Jaga at 03:24 Feb-19-2009 (Opening).

The original Phasor could not meet the requirements and GE quickly became aware of that. they have upgraded now and you should be able to achieve it with the new units. Talk to your GE rep.

Regards

Jaga
Jaga
03:29 Feb-21-2009
In Reply to John O'Brien at 23:17 Feb-20-2009 .

Dear All,
Thanks for your speedy response.As far I concern,encoded inspection with the Phasor XS is only possible in CScan mode(Top view).The C-Scan is uncorrected and doesn't portray the correct view ,to carry out defect sizing base on the C scan view.Still need to carry out manual sizing by using conventional UT technique.From this findings, I assume the phasor XS still can't comply CC2235-9.Please advice and correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks a lot.

Product Spotlight

MUSE Mobile Ultrasonic Equipment

The MUSE, a portable ultrasonic imaging system, was developed for in-field inspections of light-weig
ht structures. The MUSE consists of a motor-driven manipulator, a water circulation system for the acoustic coupling and a portable ultrasonic flaw detector (USPC 3010). The MUSE provides images of internal defects (A-, B-,C- and D-scan).
>

Webinar: A better way to inspect for surface and sub-surface cracking

Zetec to host webinar November 7 on a better way to inspect for surface and sub-surface cracking. In
this webinar, we will introduce a better method that offers industry-leading portability and flexibility, while delivering exceptional flaw detection. The webinar will review and demonstrate how this solution can be applied across numerous inspection applications. Register today!
>

Echomac® Small

Available with up to eight channels of electronics to detect and evaluate thickness, flaws and eccen
tricity, this UT tester is housed in a convenient, smaller cabinet. This instrument can be used in conjunction with bubbler or immersion tank systems, or with a test bench or in laboratory applications. The Echomac® Small is available in the FD4, FD6 or FD6A versions.
>

NovaScope 6000

The all-digital Novascope 6000 is a portable, ultra-high precision thickness gauge for high-speed
thickness measurement. Novascope 6000 has unmatched capabilities and unique features including: •Superior Resolution with high contrast, high-speed color RF display •High pulser voltage •Real-time video output •Increased internal/external data storage •Programmable SetUp features •Battery & AC Powered
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window