where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Career Discussions
Dhanasekar
Dhanasekar
15:40 Jun-03-2009
career change quiry

I am a Diploma holder in Foundry Technology, having 10 years of working experience in continuous processing industry. currently working in production department in smelter in Dubai.

Now i would like to change my career to NDT jobs. I don't have ASNT certification, but have good knowledge about NDT testing, my Diploma in Foundry Technology course includes detailed study about NDT.

My question is without ASNT certification is it possible to get job openings in NDT?
If i apply for NDT job will the employer will consider me?

Can anyone from NDT field answer my question?
would be great helpful for me.
Thanks in advance for your valuable reply.

S.V.Swamy
Engineering, - Material Testing Inspection & Quality Control
Retired from Nuclear Fuel Complex , India, Joined Feb 2001, 787

S.V.Swamy

Engineering, - Material Testing Inspection & Quality Control
Retired from Nuclear Fuel Complex ,
India,
Joined Feb 2001
00:56 Jun-04-2009
Re: career change quiry
In Reply to Dhanasekar at 15:40 Jun-03-2009 (Opening).

Sai Ram. When qualified and experienced people are available, why should some one consider you without qualification / certification? Do ASNT Level I and Level II certifications and your earlier experience will also be useful in getting good openings. Best wishes.

Product Spotlight

NDT.net launches mobile-friendly design

NDT.net has revamped its website providing a mobile-friendly design.The front page received a comp
letely new design and all other sections are now reacting responsively on mobile devices. This has been a major step to make our website more user- friendly.
>

GEKKO - Portable Phased Array Testing with TFM in Real-Time

The portable phased array testing system GEKKO provides 64 parallel test channels. On creating testi
ng parameters the operator is assisted by the CIVA software. Due to its modular set-up the GEKKO instrument is suitable for operators of all skill levels.
>

Semi-Automated Phased Array Immersion System for Small Composite Parts

Turn-key semi-automated system as an improved and affordable solution for inspection of small comp
osite parts. Includes support table, immersion tank, scanner, PA instrument, PC, Analysis software, database, wedge management and other options.
>

AIS229 - Multipurpose Real Time System

Latest standard & automatic real time system developed by Balteau. The AIS229 has been designed to
do series inspection in a wide variety of industry. Composed of a shielded cabinet, 5 axis manipulator, x-ray generator and tubehead from 160kV to 225kV, a fl at panel & much more, the AIS229 is most certainly one of the most multipurpose RTR system available on the market.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window