where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

NOVO DR
develops and manufactures cutting edge Portable Digital Radiography X-ray Inspection Systems.
Career Discussions
Justin Lehmann
Consultant,
Quality Testing Services, Inc, A Premium Inspection and Testing Group Affiliate, USA, Joined Sep 2007, 22

Justin Lehmann

Consultant,
Quality Testing Services, Inc, A Premium Inspection and Testing Group Affiliate,
USA,
Joined Sep 2007
22:53 Jul-20-2009
Infrared Composite Testing Procedure

Hello All!

Does anyone have a procedure for testing composite materials using infrared thermography?

Justin

Alex Easton
Alex Easton
18:43 Jul-21-2009
Re: Infrared Composite Testing Procedure
In Reply to Justin Lehmann at 22:53 Jul-20-2009 (Opening).

What are you looking for, water? You would have to write a procedure for the item, application and specification. If looking for water ingress you require a temperature difference. The easiest way to do it is to cool the item (stay above +5 deg C) and return it to room temperature. The water and composite construction will have different cooling rates. With experimentation you will develop a procedure.

Justin Lehmann
Consultant,
Quality Testing Services, Inc, A Premium Inspection and Testing Group Affiliate, USA, Joined Sep 2007, 22

Justin Lehmann

Consultant,
Quality Testing Services, Inc, A Premium Inspection and Testing Group Affiliate,
USA,
Joined Sep 2007
18:05 Jul-22-2009
Re: Infrared Composite Testing Procedure
In Reply to Alex Easton at 18:43 Jul-21-2009 .

Thanks Alex for your reply.

Yes I am looking for water. I was looking for someone who might have a template for me to follow, as I was short on time. I have completed my procedure and are no longer in need.
Thanks
Justin

Product Spotlight

Wireless TOFD scanner

Quick, accurate and highly reproducible welds testing. The System operates wirelessly and is compat
ible with any type of Windows based Laptop, Desktop or Tablet.
>

HD-CR 35 NDT Computed Radiography System

Portable high-resolution CR scanner for all radiography applications - weld testing, profile images
and aerospace. No matter what type of radiographic testing you are performing, the unique TreFoc Technology of the HD-CR 35 NDT imaging plate scanner always guarantees the highest image quality.
>

MUSE Mobile Ultrasonic Equipment

The MUSE, a portable ultrasonic imaging system, was developed for in-field inspections of light-weig
ht structures. The MUSE consists of a motor-driven manipulator, a water circulation system for the acoustic coupling and a portable ultrasonic flaw detector (USPC 3010). The MUSE provides images of internal defects (A-, B-,C- and D-scan).
>

Ultrasonic tomograph for imaging of concrete structures А1040 MIRA

Applicable for concrete inspection allowing imaging of the internal structure of objects from conc
rete, reinforced concrete, different stones. The operation applies pulse-echo technique at one-side access to the object. The instrument is feasible for concrete inspection for searching conduct ducts, conduits, detection of foreign inclusions, holes, honeycombing, cracks and other concrete defects.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window