where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Career Discussions
Rafid O. López
Rafid O. López
00:48 Jan-09-2010
information about penetrant testing

Anyone has information about penetrant testing?? I need present the level III examination in PT.

Thanks.

Best regards.

S.V.Swamy
Engineering, - Material Testing Inspection & Quality Control
Retired from Nuclear Fuel Complex , India, Joined Feb 2001, 787

S.V.Swamy

Engineering, - Material Testing Inspection & Quality Control
Retired from Nuclear Fuel Complex ,
India,
Joined Feb 2001
02:02 Jan-09-2010
Re: information about penetrant testing
In Reply to Rafid O. López at 00:48 Jan-09-2010 (Opening).

You need to get the ASNT recommended study material or go through the various NDT handbooks and also refresh your basic physics of penetrant testing. If you are a level II, you already have about 70% of what you need. If you are planning to directly go for level III exam, you need graduate level preparation.

Best wishes.

aldo
Engineering
Italy, Joined Jan 2009, 39

aldo

Engineering
Italy,
Joined Jan 2009
12:21 Jan-09-2010
In Reply to S.V.Swamy at 02:02 Jan-09-2010 .

Hi lopez...
The answer Mr.swamy is correct...Infact there is not more different between ii level and iii level...
From the point of view on basic theory there are not different (capillary force,wetty ability etc...)
There are some different on metallurgy matter and on procedure menagement of the personal NDT (example NAS, EN, etc). Infact the III level has the totally menagement of CND Aldo

Rafid O. López
Rafid O. López
16:26 Jan-11-2010
In Reply to aldo at 12:21 Jan-09-2010 .

You are right. I pass the basic examination from ASNT, but I could not pass the pt examination.

I have some material about NDT from ASNT, but a lot information of the study guides, are not in the examination.

I was level II, now i´m an engineer NDT, in aerospace in Queretaro, Mexico.

Best regards.

Product Spotlight

iProbe - USB Phased Array Probe

Turn your PC, Laptop or Tablet into a powerful 32:64 Phased Array system with our USB powered Phas
ed Array iProbe and inspection software package. Perform affordable weld inspection and corrosion mapping inspections with this powerful but small system. The probe has a 100V pulser, 8K PRF, dual axis encoder input and achieves outstanding signal quality.
>

Panther

M2M PANTHER is a phased-array equipment designed for both desktop and industrial applications, offer
ing unparalleled performance in a compact unit. It combines the speed required for industrial integrated Phased-Array Ultrasound (PAUT) solutions, with the most complete set of total focusing method (TFM) imaging techniques, making it the ultimate tool for R&D and procedure qualification.
>

FMC/TFM

Next generation for Phased Array UT is here now with FMC/TFM! Have higher resolution imaging, impr
oved signal to noise ratio, characterize, size and analyze defects better with access to several wave mode views and save raw FMC data for higher quality analysis.  Some of the benefits are:
  • Beautiful Image! Easier to understand what you're looking at
  • Completely focused in entire image or volume
  • Much easier to define setups before inspection
  • Easier to decipher geometry echoes from real defects
  • Oriented defects (e.g. cracks) are imaged better
  • See image from different wave modes from one FMC inspection
  • FMC data can be reprocessed/analyzed without going back to the field
>

Ultrasonic tomograph for imaging of concrete structures А1040 MIRA

Applicable for concrete inspection allowing imaging of the internal structure of objects from conc
rete, reinforced concrete, different stones. The operation applies pulse-echo technique at one-side access to the object. The instrument is feasible for concrete inspection for searching conduct ducts, conduits, detection of foreign inclusions, holes, honeycombing, cracks and other concrete defects.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window