where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
junho
NDT Inspector,
KOREA Material INSPECTION, South Korea, Joined Oct 2009, 21

junho

NDT Inspector,
KOREA Material INSPECTION,
South Korea,
Joined Oct 2009
07:23 Jan-25-2010
How to use olympus CDS-7t Wedges????

I bought olympus CDS-7t wedge to surface examination. but I don't know how to use
cds- wedge. And I can not find any resources.

I have been using Olympus omniscan-mx. so, omniscan-mx did a lot of bugs?

junho
NDT Inspector,
KOREA Material INSPECTION, South Korea, Joined Oct 2009, 21

junho

NDT Inspector,
KOREA Material INSPECTION,
South Korea,
Joined Oct 2009
08:48 Jan-25-2010
Re: How to use olympus CDS-7t Wedges????
In Reply to junho at 07:23 Jan-25-2010 (Opening).

and How to calibration????

detection and sizing of OD connected cracks is possible ????.

James Gauthier
Engineering,
ABB, Inc., USA, Joined Nov 2007, 25

James Gauthier

Engineering,
ABB, Inc.,
USA,
Joined Nov 2007
15:36 Jan-25-2010

The OlympusNDT CDS-7t is a great tool to have in your UT Toolbox. It should be coupled with a transducer that is appropriate for the inspection your are attempting. If you want to learn to use this type of probe/wedge combination, I suggest Mark J. Davis (University of Ultrasonics) crack detection course. They will teach you the methods associated with the creeping wave technique as well as other complimentary techniques.

Good Luck!

Jamie

Michael Moles †2014 *1948
, Joined ,
21:07 Jan-25-2010

No, the OmniScan MX is relatively bug-free these days. The very early versions had some issues, as do most first generation instruments, but we seem to be running well these days.

If you have problems, contact your Olympus rep or some other expert like one of the training companies for help.

Michael

Rick Lopez
R & D,
John Deere - Moline Technology Innovation Center, USA, Joined Jul 2011, 188

Rick Lopez

R & D,
John Deere - Moline Technology Innovation Center,
USA,
Joined Jul 2011
23:22 Jun-04-2013

Although this is an old thread, I was recently looking for information about this wedge style myself. I came across a summary by Olympus (Russ Minkwitz) that you may find useful:
http://www.olympus-ims.com/en/applications/detection-sizing-techniques-id-connected-cracking/

Product Spotlight

Varex Imaging Large Field of View (FOV) Digital Detector Arrays (DDAs)

A larger FOV DDA can reduce the space and volume of the X-ray inspection system on the factory floor
, enable faster scanning times, better throughput and better resolution images at a lower dose. Customers can also save time and money. With these benefits in mind, Varex Imaging has designed a family of large FOV detectors (4343HE, XRD 1611, 4343DX-I, 4343CT) for our industrial imaging customers.
>

Research Center IDEKO develops an ultrasonic train wheel inspection system for CAF

The Basque Research centre IK4-IDEKO has developed a state-of-the-art ultrasonic inspection system f
or the train wheel. This system secures a sound condition of train wheels and is thus a significant contribution to rail transport safety. The device was delivered to CAF recently and its use allows the manufacturer to become an approved supplier of rolling stock in Italy, as it meets the demanding homologation standards of this country. \\\\r\\\\n
>

High-end Ultrasonic Flaw Detector with 32:128PR PAUT and 2-ch TOFD: SyncScan 2

SIUI’s newly launched SyncScan 2, is a high-end ultrasonic flaw detector with 32:128PR PAUT and
2-ch TOFD, which can maximize your efficiency for PA and TOFD. ● Support PA/TOFD/UT ● 32-ch PA is more suitable for inspection on extra-thick wall and high-attenuation material. ● 32-ch PA and 2-ch TOFD work simultaneously. ● Support PR mode for corrosion inspection.
>

iProbe - USB Phased Array Probe

Turn your PC, Laptop or Tablet into a powerful 32:64 Phased Array system with our USB powered Phas
ed Array iProbe and inspection software package. Perform affordable weld inspection and corrosion mapping inspections with this powerful but small system. The probe has a 100V pulser, 8K PRF, dual axis encoder input and achieves outstanding signal quality.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window