where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
Toni Smith
Toni Smith
04:10 Feb-11-2010
Prove-up inspection on coated pipe.

A welded SAW pipe with OD/ID coated pipe what would be my distance and v path 1st, 2nd, & 3rd leg in mm? I'm thinking the OD coating is about 18 mm and ID is like paint brush thin.
Epoch unit - 1/2 inch prob 3.5 Mhz. transducer - set up only on a 1/16'' drill hole on.

Ryan Burns
Ryan Burns
08:03 Feb-11-2010
Re: Prove-up inspection on coated pipe.
In Reply to Toni Smith at 04:10 Feb-11-2010 (Opening).

I would hope there are errors in your initial post. First off, I highly doubt you have almost 3/4" of external coating to contend with. Secondly, code compliant shear wave through any discernible volume of coating (or paint) is not an acceptable inspection technique in my experience. Finally....maybe we'd need refracted angle and nominal WT to complete skip distance equations?? If you are the technician why can't you do the math?

Toni Smith
Toni Smith
09:24 Feb-11-2010
Re: Prove-up inspection on coated pipe.
In Reply to Ryan Burns at 08:03 Feb-11-2010 .

What ever I'll do the math. I needed the info because I have been busy doing other things that are important too, thought that u could helped out real quick.

Product Spotlight

FAAST-PA! OEM Patented phased Array for high speed UT inspection

Multiangle, Multifocus, Multifrequency, Multibeam. Instead of stacking UT electronics and having m
any PA probes, FAAST-PA is able to transmit all delay laws within ONE single shot in Real time.
>

HD-CR 35 NDT Computed Radiography System

Portable high-resolution CR scanner for all radiography applications - weld testing, profile images
and aerospace. No matter what type of radiographic testing you are performing, the unique TreFoc Technology of the HD-CR 35 NDT imaging plate scanner always guarantees the highest image quality.
>

ISAFE3 Intrinsically Safe Sensor System

ISAFE3 intrinsically safe sensor system of Vallen Systeme is especially targeted at the petrochemica
l - as well as oil and gas transportation industry. The sensor system is designed for permanent monitoring or periodic inspection tasks. Sensors are available for different AE-frequency ranges optimized for corrosion and fatigue crack detection and other applications. The ISAFE 3 sensor system consists of an AE-sensor (model ISAS3) certified according to ATEX/IEC for installation in zone 0, gas group IIC, IP68, 20 to +60 °C, and a signal isolator (model SISO3) certified for installation in zone 2. An ISAS3 sensor can be mounted in atmosphere or submerged, e.g. in water or crude oil. It is supported by mounting tools for temporary (magnets) or permanent (welded) installation. ISAFE3 supports automatic sensor coupling test and can be used with any AE signal processor supporting 28V supply at 90 mA peak, e.g. Vallen Systeme ASIP-2/A.
>

Robotic laser shearography enables 100% inspection of complex, flight-critical composite structures

An article in “Composites World Magazine” showcases Non Destructive Testing of aero-structures
with Laser Shearography. Over the years Dantec Dynamics has supplied many solutions for the aerospace industry. Referring to specific customer projects several of these cases are examined to outline the advantages of using Laser Shearography for automated defect detection.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window