where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
Patrick
Patrick
00:15 Aug-18-2001
Surface roughness

Dear collegues,

I am trying to do surface roughness characterization with eddy current probe. Can you advise me about one method that can do this.

Thanking you in advance

Patrick

Richard D. Finlayson
Director, Operations
Princeton Instruments, USA, Joined Jun 2000, 8

Richard D. Finlayson

Director, Operations
Princeton Instruments,
USA,
Joined Jun 2000
02:11 Aug-22-2001
Re: Surface roughness
: Dear collegues,
: I am trying to do surface roughness characterization with eddy current probe. Can you advise me about one method that can do this.
: Thanking you in advance
: Patrick

Patrick,
We have developed a system using stress waves that can differentiate between different roughness levels. If you can contact me I can discuss the system further.
Richard

Dr. Patel
R & D, Consultant to Universities/Industries
Fallon Ultrasonics/McMaster University, Canada, Joined May 2001, 20

Dr. Patel

R & D, Consultant to Universities/Industries
Fallon Ultrasonics/McMaster University,
Canada,
Joined May 2001
01:54 Aug-24-2001
Re: Surface roughness
: Dear collegues,
: I am trying to do surface roughness characterization with eddy current probe. Can you advise me about one method that can do this.
: Thanking you in advance
: Patrick

We have developed and used ultrasonic system to measure surface roughness on plates and parts during turning. The system also can measure parts thicknesses in micron accuracy and also measures surface integrity and stresses. If you are interested please contact us at above email.

Regards

Dr. Patel

Product Spotlight

NDT.net launches mobile-friendly design

NDT.net has revamped its website providing a mobile-friendly design.The front page received a comp
letely new design and all other sections are now reacting responsively on mobile devices. This has been a major step to make our website more user- friendly.
>

Surf-X® Array Probe

Introducing the Surf-X family of flexible Eddy Current Array (ECA) probes. Featuring unique multiple
coil sets and proprietary X-PROBE technology, Surf-X array probes can quickly and accurately handle a range of inspection applications, from inspecting corrosion or cracking in pipes, pressure vessels, or tanks, to assessing and sizing cracks in raised welds and friction stir welds.
>

Conformable wedge transducer

The conformability is obtained with a flexible membrane filled with water between the transducer and
the inspected component. The coupling between the membrane and the component requires a small quantity of water or couplant. The conformable wedge combines the acoustic performance of immersion technique with good coupling and low attenuation.
>

NDTkit RT

NDTkit RT, TESTIA's Digital Radiography software The NDTkit product line software for X-ray analysi
s. NDTkit RT is a software benefiting from the Ultis kernel which is dedicated to radiographic image analysis. It offers a set of tools and filtering processes to assist RT operators in finding relevant flaws.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window