where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

GB Inspection Systems Ltd.
A leading UK manufacturer of Ultrasonic Probes, Accessories, Supplier of NDT Equipment and more.
Technical Discussions
Patrick
Patrick
00:15 Aug-18-2001
Surface roughness

Dear collegues,

I am trying to do surface roughness characterization with eddy current probe. Can you advise me about one method that can do this.

Thanking you in advance

Patrick

Richard D. Finlayson
Director, Operations
Princeton Instruments, USA, Joined Jun 2000, 8

Richard D. Finlayson

Director, Operations
Princeton Instruments,
USA,
Joined Jun 2000
02:11 Aug-22-2001
Re: Surface roughness
: Dear collegues,
: I am trying to do surface roughness characterization with eddy current probe. Can you advise me about one method that can do this.
: Thanking you in advance
: Patrick

Patrick,
We have developed a system using stress waves that can differentiate between different roughness levels. If you can contact me I can discuss the system further.
Richard

Dr. Patel
R & D, Consultant to Universities/Industries
Fallon Ultrasonics/McMaster University, Canada, Joined May 2001, 20

Dr. Patel

R & D, Consultant to Universities/Industries
Fallon Ultrasonics/McMaster University,
Canada,
Joined May 2001
01:54 Aug-24-2001
Re: Surface roughness
: Dear collegues,
: I am trying to do surface roughness characterization with eddy current probe. Can you advise me about one method that can do this.
: Thanking you in advance
: Patrick

We have developed and used ultrasonic system to measure surface roughness on plates and parts during turning. The system also can measure parts thicknesses in micron accuracy and also measures surface integrity and stresses. If you are interested please contact us at above email.

Regards

Dr. Patel

Product Spotlight

Cygnus 6+ PRO Multi-Mode Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge

The Cygnus 6+ PRO thickness gauge is the most advance gauge within the Cygnus range with key featu
res including: comprehensive data logging; A-scan and B-scan display; manual gain control; Bluetooth connectivity; and much more. With its unique dual display and three measuring modes (Multiple-Echo, Echo-Echo and Single-Echo), this surface thickness gauge offers maximum versatility for inspections.
>

Content on Demand by Eddyfi Technologies

Finding yourself in front of a screen practicing safe social distancing instead of out in the fiel
d? At Eddyfi Technologies, we are doing our part in helping you be better prepared for what comes next. We introduce to you Eddyfi on Demand. Fill your schedule with webinars, how-to videos, informative technical papers and our NEW addition: Eddyfi Academy. There, you will have access to FREE online courses and obtain certificates of attendance once completed in order for you to include these e-learning sessions in your log of required training hours. Join us today. Stay safe, stay Beyond Current.
>

Magnetic X-Ray Pipeline Crawler 6''-60''

Suitable to work in 6''-60''diameter with speed of up to 18m/min, Max. moving diatance 5 kilometer
s and provide the efficient inspection of the pipeline.
>

NDT.net launches mobile-friendly design

NDT.net has revamped its website providing a mobile-friendly design.The front page received a comp
letely new design and all other sections are now reacting responsively on mobile devices. This has been a major step to make our website more user- friendly.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window