where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
Patrick
Patrick
00:15 Aug-18-2001
Surface roughness

Dear collegues,

I am trying to do surface roughness characterization with eddy current probe. Can you advise me about one method that can do this.

Thanking you in advance

Patrick

Richard D. Finlayson
Director, Operations
Princeton Instruments, USA, Joined Jun 2000, 8

Richard D. Finlayson

Director, Operations
Princeton Instruments,
USA,
Joined Jun 2000
02:11 Aug-22-2001
Re: Surface roughness
: Dear collegues,
: I am trying to do surface roughness characterization with eddy current probe. Can you advise me about one method that can do this.
: Thanking you in advance
: Patrick

Patrick,
We have developed a system using stress waves that can differentiate between different roughness levels. If you can contact me I can discuss the system further.
Richard

Dr. Patel
R & D, Consultant to Universities/Industries
Fallon Ultrasonics/McMaster University, Canada, Joined May 2001, 20

Dr. Patel

R & D, Consultant to Universities/Industries
Fallon Ultrasonics/McMaster University,
Canada,
Joined May 2001
01:54 Aug-24-2001
Re: Surface roughness
: Dear collegues,
: I am trying to do surface roughness characterization with eddy current probe. Can you advise me about one method that can do this.
: Thanking you in advance
: Patrick

We have developed and used ultrasonic system to measure surface roughness on plates and parts during turning. The system also can measure parts thicknesses in micron accuracy and also measures surface integrity and stresses. If you are interested please contact us at above email.

Regards

Dr. Patel

Product Spotlight

MIZ®-21C: Truly Affordable Eddy Current Handheld with Surface Array Capability

Introducing MIZ-21C, the first truly affordable handheld eddy current instrument with surface array
capabilities. MIZ-21C can deliver fast, accurate inspections in demanding NDT applications including aerospace, oil and gas, manufacturing, and power generation. The surface array solution can reduce inspection time by up to 95% compared to traditional handheld pencil probes. The ergonomic design, long battery life, and intuitive touchscreen mean you can inspect more areas faster than ever without fatigue.
>

AMIGO2

TSC Amigo2 - ACFM technology has developed a solid reputation for accurately detecting and sizing
surface-breaking cracks through paint and coatings. As the industry demands increased performance in speed, signal quality, and portability, it’s time for an evolution. It’s time for Amigo2.
>

iProbe - USB Phased Array Probe

Turn your PC, Laptop or Tablet into a powerful 32:64 Phased Array system with our USB powered Phas
ed Array iProbe and inspection software package. Perform affordable weld inspection and corrosion mapping inspections with this powerful but small system. The probe has a 100V pulser, 8K PRF, dual axis encoder input and achieves outstanding signal quality.
>

Navic - Steerable Modular Automated Scanner

The Navic is a modular, motorized, steerable scanner designed to carry multiple attachments used
in various scanning and inspection applications. The Navic is capable of weld scanning (girth welds and long seam welds), automated corrosion mapping, and tank scanning.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window