where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
David Bunch
David Bunch
13:15 Sep-03-2010
Shot time calculator for Graphing Calculators

A coworker of mine told me of a radiography shot time program than can be used on graphing calculators (such as the Texas Instruments TI-83). You punch in the source to film distance, the curies you are using, etc, and it will calculate the shot time.

Does anyone know where I can find this program?

LK
NDT Inspector,
Norway, Joined May 2008, 104

LK

NDT Inspector,
Norway,
Joined May 2008
14:57 Sep-03-2010
Re: Shot time calculator for Graphing Calculators
In Reply to David Bunch at 13:15 Sep-03-2010 (Opening).

I have one program, works for both X and gamma, with refrences to EN1435 (eg minimal SFD required, film class to be used etc) but ... it's in german. Let me know if interested.

David Bunch
David Bunch
20:43 Sep-05-2010
In Reply to LK at 14:57 Sep-03-2010 .

Thanks for the offer. But unfortunately I don't know German.

Michel Couture
NDT Inspector,
consultant, Canada, Joined Sep 2006, 856

Michel Couture

NDT Inspector,
consultant,
Canada,
Joined Sep 2006
14:53 Sep-06-2010
In Reply to David Bunch at 20:43 Sep-05-2010 .

David,

I don't know about a calculator or computer software, but there is a slide ruler (those things we used before calcualtor LOL) for that purpose. It will calculate exposure for Ir192 and Co60. It should be available from your supplier.

David Bunch
David Bunch
18:34 Sep-06-2010
In Reply to Michel Couture at 14:53 Sep-06-2010 .

Yeah, we have some of those. I think they are around $100 though.

A couple of our radiographers went through source retrieval class in Louisiana, and one of the other students there had a radiographic shot calculator on his TI-83 calculator. Maybe its on the net some place.

LK
NDT Inspector,
Norway, Joined May 2008, 104

LK

NDT Inspector,
Norway,
Joined May 2008
21:19 Sep-06-2010
In Reply to Michel Couture at 14:53 Sep-06-2010 .

I'm still using the ruler, and I think it's really convenient. However I know guys from other lab, they make all calculations using this computer programm only.

Ian
Ian
18:44 Jun-26-2011

I have it, post me if your interested

sbanner
NDT Inspector,
Canada, Joined Jan 2009, 31

sbanner

NDT Inspector,
Canada,
Joined Jan 2009
18:39 Jun-27-2011
In Reply to Ian at 18:44 Jun-26-2011 .

David:
there is a free and a paid RT calculator at http://www.ok-s.com/
also there is a iphone app called X-Ray timer avaliable.
Stan

NICK
NICK
14:14 Nov-11-2011

Free Online TI-84 [url="http://graphingvariousfunctions.wordpress.com/2011/10/31/graphing-calculator-and-graphing-functions/"]Graphing Calculator for free[/url]?
I need one that is either...
--free and downloadable from a trustworthy source. (virus prevention purposes.)
or...
--free and non-downloadable and just available on a trusted website.

I need to be able to find the equation for the Line of Best Fit for a set of data, if that helps. Also, the equation for the L.o.B.F. is y=mx+b , correct?

Thanks-a-Bunch:)

Product Spotlight

NDT.net launches mobile-friendly design

NDT.net has revamped its website providing a mobile-friendly design.The front page received a comp
letely new design and all other sections are now reacting responsively on mobile devices. This has been a major step to make our website more user- friendly.
>

Lyft™: Pulsed Eddy Current Reinvented

PEC Reinvented—CUI Programs Redefined Corrosion under insulation (CUI) is possibly the greatest u
nresolved asset integrity problem in the industry. Current methods for measuring wall thickness with liftoff, without removing insulation, all have severe limitations. Eddyfi introduces Lyft — a reinvented, high-performance pulsed eddy current (PEC) solution. The patent- pending system features a state-of-the-art portable instrument, real- time C-scan imaging, fast data acquisition with grid-mapping and dynamic scanning modes, and flexibility with long cables. It can also scan through thick metal and insulation, as well as aluminum, stainless steel, and galvanized steel weather jackets. Who else but Eddyfi to reinvent an eddy current technique and redefine CUI programs. Got Lyft?
>

Compact NDT inspection-heads for measurements with active thermography

The compact inspection head is suitable for thermographic ndt tasks. The uncooled infrared camera
is specially developed for NDI-tasks and offers a thermal sensitivity until now known only from thermal imagers with cooled detector. All required components and functions are integrated into the inspection-head. You will only need an ethernet cable to connect the sensor with the evaluation system.
>

FAAST-PA! OEM Patented phased Array for high speed UT inspection

Multiangle, Multifocus, Multifrequency, Multibeam. Instead of stacking UT electronics and having m
any PA probes, FAAST-PA is able to transmit all delay laws within ONE single shot in Real time.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window