where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
Dan Martin
Dan Martin
03:19 Jan-27-2002
NDT Promotional Material

A 'Skills Festival' is to take place at the Town Hall in Cheltenham, UK, in mid-February. The aim of the Festival is to advertise various areas of engineering to school students aged 15 to 16.

My organisation, Messier-Dowty wish to promote NDT and its importance to industry. We will be displaying some ultrasonics equipment which the students can use to find defects in some test pieces.

We also have some basic photographs and a couple of wallcharts on such areas as NDT Ultrasonics and Eddy Current but we would love to promote other areas such as Magnetic Flaw Detect, Liquid Penetrant and Stresscan plus others.

If you have any promotional material you could send to help promote this area of engineering, please contact myself or despatch any material to:

Dan Martin
Messier-Dowty Limited
Cheltenham Road East
Gloucester
Gloucestershire
GL2 9QH
England, UK

dan.martin@messier-dowty.org

Dave Wilkes
Dave Wilkes
09:07 Jan-28-2002
Re: NDT Promotional Material
Dan

Promotion of the role of NDT is vital to our industry
receiving the recognition its deserves.

I am more than happy to provide you with a copy of the
ProbeMaster UT simulation programme for your use at
this show.

ProbeMaster will allow your visitors to understand
Ultrasonics by showing them what is actually
happening to the ultrasonic signal.

I will contact you directly if I may.

Regards

Dave Wilkes

More details on ProbeMaster can be found at:

http://www.ndtcabin.com/pbm/pbindex.asp

Product Spotlight

CIVA 2017 UT Module

CIVA NDE Simulation Software is the world leader of NDT Simulation. The UT simulation Module incl
udes: - "Beam computation": Beam propagation simulation - "Inspection Simulation": Beam interaction with flaws or specimens The user can simulate a whole inspection process (pulse echo, tandem or TOFD) with a wide range of probes (conventional, Phased- arrays or EMAT), components, and flaws.
>

HARDNESS TESTER TKM-459CE combi

TKM-459CE combi applies 2 methods of hardness control: UCI and Leeb. It provides high-accuracy tes
ting of metals and alloys as well as items of different sizes and configurations, their hardened layers and galvanic coatings. Device represents results in HB, HRC, HV and others. Shock-, dust- and water-proof housing with intuitive software make this gauge easy to use in all working conditions.
>

XRHRobotStar

In high volume industries like automotive the requirement for a hundred percent X-ray inspection c
reates a bottleneck in the production. The XRHRobotStar is a fully Automated Defect Recognition (ADR) capable robot-system that allows an ultra-fast in-line inspection.
>

FMC/TFM

Next generation for Phased Array UT is here now with FMC/TFM! Have higher resolution imaging, impr
oved signal to noise ratio, characterize, size and analyze defects better with access to several wave mode views and save raw FMC data for higher quality analysis.  Some of the benefits are:
  • Beautiful Image! Easier to understand what you're looking at
  • Completely focused in entire image or volume
  • Much easier to define setups before inspection
  • Easier to decipher geometry echoes from real defects
  • Oriented defects (e.g. cracks) are imaged better
  • See image from different wave modes from one FMC inspection
  • FMC data can be reprocessed/analyzed without going back to the field
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window