where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Controle Mesure Systemes
Contrôle Mesure Systèmes designs, develops and manufactures nearly 30 years a complete NDT range of products in eddy current and ultrasonic testing methods.
Technical Discussions
Dik de Groot
Dik de Groot
05:43 Oct-14-1998
mpi NDT

In either Insight or Materials Evaluation in the time frame of 1996-1997 there has been an article for making cracks in a steel plate for training purposes.
However, I can not remember or locate the article.
The method was using a heat sensitive base material on which a strip was welded (spot welded). After cooling down the strip was removed and the weld grounded flush.
At the welded spot cracks were introduced. The article was good because all the materials and the method was mentioned. It was a short article, could be in NDT Basics or Back to Basics.
Can you help me locate the article.

Thanks in advance.

Dik de Groot

Rolf Diederichs
Director,
NDT.net, Germany, Joined Nov 1998, 608

Rolf Diederichs

Director,
NDT.net,
Germany,
Joined Nov 1998
08:39 Oct-14-1998
Re: mpi NDT
: In either Insight or Materials Evaluation in the time frame of 1996-1997 there has been an article for making cracks in a steel plate for training purposes.
: However, I can not remember or locate the article.
: The method was using a heat sensitive base material on which a strip was welded (spot welded). After cooling down the strip was removed and the weld grounded flush.
: At the welded spot cracks were introduced. The article was good because all the materials and the method was mentioned. It was a short article, could be in NDT Basics or Back to Basics.
: Can you help me locate the article.

: Thanks in advance.

: Dik de Groot
-----------------
It was published in 5 parts in Insight.
For the first two issues we have the TOC's on NDTnet.
(Insight maybe continue the other issues on their own homepage
http://www.powertech.co.uk/bindt/, unfortunalty
the server is not responding)

Vol 40 No. 1 (Jan 98)
NDT FUNDAMENTALS: Magnetic Particle Testing pp. 53
www.ndt.net/bibliog/insi0198.htm

Vol 40 No. 2 (Feb 98)
Part 2. Electromagnetic induction pp. 122
www.ndt.net/bibliog/insi0298.htm

Vol 40 No. 3 (Mar 98)
Part 3. The magnetic flow method pp. 220

Vol 40 No. 4 (April 98)
Part 4. Test values pp. 292

Vol 40 No. 5 (May 98)
Part 5. Magnetic Particle inks and powers pp. 356

William Avrin, San Diego, CA
William Avrin, San Diego, CA
00:16 Feb-19-1999
Re: mpi NDT
I read with interest your response to a question about magnetic particle inspection of cracks in steel plates. I have been working on ultralow-frequency eddy-current methods which can potentially detect flaws several millimeters deep in steel. Can you suggest any situations where this kind of capability might be useful?

Product Spotlight

Navic - Steerable Modular Automated Scanner

The Navic is a modular, motorized, steerable scanner designed to carry multiple attachments used
in various scanning and inspection applications. The Navic is capable of weld scanning (girth welds and long seam welds), automated corrosion mapping, and tank scanning.
>

Teletest Focus+

Teletest Focus+ electronics have superior capabilities than rivals on the market. Beyond the usual
test features, Focus+ has 24 transmit channels and 24 receive channels, with an additional on-board switching capabilities. The instrument's frequency range is 10–300 kHz.
>

Semi-Automated Phased Array Immersion System for Small Composite Parts

Turn-key semi-automated system as an improved and affordable solution for inspection of small comp
osite parts. Includes support table, immersion tank, scanner, PA instrument, PC, Analysis software, database, wedge management and other options.
>

Ultrasonic Testing Immersion Tanks with Unmatched Scanning Features

TecScan’s non-destructive testing Ultrasonic Immersion Tanks & scanners are designed for high pe
rformance and demanding NDT testing applications. Our Scan3D™ line of High Precision Immersion Tanks are specifically designed for automated ultrasonic testing of complex composites parts used in aerospace and industrial applications.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window