where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

IMG ULTRASUONI SRL
Ultrasonic transducers for industrial applications (NDT) and medical (Doppler effect). Probes, Ultrasonic instruments, Special systems for NDT.

Technical Discussions
Dik de Groot
Dik de Groot
05:43 Oct-14-1998
mpi NDT

In either Insight or Materials Evaluation in the time frame of 1996-1997 there has been an article for making cracks in a steel plate for training purposes.
However, I can not remember or locate the article.
The method was using a heat sensitive base material on which a strip was welded (spot welded). After cooling down the strip was removed and the weld grounded flush.
At the welded spot cracks were introduced. The article was good because all the materials and the method was mentioned. It was a short article, could be in NDT Basics or Back to Basics.
Can you help me locate the article.

Thanks in advance.

Dik de Groot

Rolf Diederichs
Director,
NDT.net, Germany, Joined Nov 1998, 605

Rolf Diederichs

Director,
NDT.net,
Germany,
Joined Nov 1998
08:39 Oct-14-1998
Re: mpi NDT
: In either Insight or Materials Evaluation in the time frame of 1996-1997 there has been an article for making cracks in a steel plate for training purposes.
: However, I can not remember or locate the article.
: The method was using a heat sensitive base material on which a strip was welded (spot welded). After cooling down the strip was removed and the weld grounded flush.
: At the welded spot cracks were introduced. The article was good because all the materials and the method was mentioned. It was a short article, could be in NDT Basics or Back to Basics.
: Can you help me locate the article.

: Thanks in advance.

: Dik de Groot
-----------------
It was published in 5 parts in Insight.
For the first two issues we have the TOC's on NDTnet.
(Insight maybe continue the other issues on their own homepage
http://www.powertech.co.uk/bindt/, unfortunalty
the server is not responding)

Vol 40 No. 1 (Jan 98)
NDT FUNDAMENTALS: Magnetic Particle Testing pp. 53
www.ndt.net/bibliog/insi0198.htm

Vol 40 No. 2 (Feb 98)
Part 2. Electromagnetic induction pp. 122
www.ndt.net/bibliog/insi0298.htm

Vol 40 No. 3 (Mar 98)
Part 3. The magnetic flow method pp. 220

Vol 40 No. 4 (April 98)
Part 4. Test values pp. 292

Vol 40 No. 5 (May 98)
Part 5. Magnetic Particle inks and powers pp. 356

William Avrin, San Diego, CA
William Avrin, San Diego, CA
00:16 Feb-19-1999
Re: mpi NDT
I read with interest your response to a question about magnetic particle inspection of cracks in steel plates. I have been working on ultralow-frequency eddy-current methods which can potentially detect flaws several millimeters deep in steel. Can you suggest any situations where this kind of capability might be useful?

Product Spotlight

Compact NDT inspection-heads for measurements with active thermography

The compact inspection head is suitable for thermographic ndt tasks. The uncooled infrared camera
is specially developed for NDI-tasks and offers a thermal sensitivity until now known only from thermal imagers with cooled detector. All required components and functions are integrated into the inspection-head. You will only need an ethernet cable to connect the sensor with the evaluation system.
>

GUL QSR1® Scanning

How do you measure pipe wall thickness without direct access to the area? QSR® Scanning - Guide Wav
e Quantitative Short Range Scanning.
>

FAAST-PA! OEM Patented phased Array for high speed UT inspection

Multiangle, Multifocus, Multifrequency, Multibeam. Instead of stacking UT electronics and having m
any PA probes, FAAST-PA is able to transmit all delay laws within ONE single shot in Real time.
>

ISONIC 3510

Very Powerful Superior Performance Extremely Portable Smart Phased Array Ultrasonic Flaw Detector an
d Recorder with 2 Conventional UT and TOFD Channels uniquely combines PA, single- and multi-channel conventional UT, and TOFD modalities providing 100% raw data recording and imaging. Suitable for all kinds of every-day ultrasonic inspections
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window