where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
Massimiliano Pau
Teacher, -
Univ. of Cagliari, Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Italy, Joined Sep 2002, 25

Massimiliano Pau

Teacher, -
Univ. of Cagliari, Dept. of Mechanical Engineering,
Italy,
Joined Sep 2002
00:41 May-29-2002
Test blocks for training

Hello all

I would like to purchase some test blocks with internal or surface cracks to make some demonstration to my students for UT, penetrant and MPI inspections.

Is there any vendor located in Europe?

Massimiliano

Joe Buckley, Sonatest Plc
Consultant, ASNT L-III, Honorary Secretary of BINDT
Level X NDT, BINDT, United Kingdom, Joined Oct 1999, 523

Joe Buckley, Sonatest Plc

Consultant, ASNT L-III, Honorary Secretary of BINDT
Level X NDT, BINDT,
United Kingdom,
Joined Oct 1999
01:36 May-29-2002
Re: Test blocks for training
If you are looking for 'standard' calibration blocks then there are many vendors (ourselves included). If you are looking for 'realistic' defective training samples than I would recommend Sonaspection (www.sonaspection.com)

Rgds
Joe Buckley

: Hello all
: I would like to purchase some test blocks with internal or surface cracks to make some demonstration to my students for UT, penetrant and MPI inspections.
: Is there any vendor located in Europe?
: Massimiliano

Iikka Virkkunen, Trueflaw Ltd.
Iikka Virkkunen, Trueflaw Ltd.
04:16 May-29-2002
Re: Test blocks for training

: I would like to purchase some test blocks with internal or surface cracks to make some demonstration to my students for UT, penetrant and MPI inspections.
: Is there any vendor located in Europe?

Trueflaw Ltd. does in-situ production of realistic surface cracks with thermal fatigue.

You can find us at http://www.trueflaw.com

Also, if you have any questions or requests for additional information, please do not hesitate to contact me (iikka.virkkunen@trueflaw.com).

Best regards,

Iikka Virkkunen
Trueflaw Ltd.

Product Spotlight

XRHRobotStar

In high volume industries like automotive the requirement for a hundred percent X-ray inspection c
reates a bottleneck in the production. The XRHRobotStar is a fully Automated Defect Recognition (ADR) capable robot-system that allows an ultra-fast in-line inspection.
>

Compact NDT inspection-heads for measurements with active thermography

The compact inspection head is suitable for thermographic ndt tasks. The uncooled infrared camera
is specially developed for NDI-tasks and offers a thermal sensitivity until now known only from thermal imagers with cooled detector. All required components and functions are integrated into the inspection-head. You will only need an ethernet cable to connect the sensor with the evaluation system.
>

FD800 Bench Top Flaw Detectors

The bench-top FD800 flaw detector range combines state-of-the-art flaw detection with advanced mater
ial thickness capabilities. Designed for use in the laboratory these gauges are the tool you need for all your flaw detecting needs.
>

NEW Wheel Type Phased Array Probe

DOPPLER NEW Wheel Type Phased Array Probe, more stable, new tyre makes lesser acoustic attenuation
, much lighter makes easier to handle, more slim size, magnetic and mechanical encoder optional etc...more
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window