where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
Alexander Kren
Alexander Kren
08:39 May-29-2002
I am looking for people who deal with the testing of polymeric paterials

I am looking for people who deal with the testing of polymeric materials.
I am interesting in investigation polymers and NDT tests of them.
Especially rubbers and composites.
thanks for any help.
aleks.p.k@iaph.bas-net.by

Richard Kazares
Richard Kazares
09:13 May-29-2002
Re: I am looking for people who deal with the testing of polymeric paterials
Depending on the specifics of your materials and material geometries, our company has recently introduced a low-frequency based UT technology that can be used to inspect multi-layered, internally bonded, thick-section composites and rubber (also rubber-like) materials from a SINGLE SIDE. The system (which we have named TSCOUT - for Thick Section Composite Oblique Ultrasonic Testing) uses either a single set - or an array (up to 4) sensor pairs at specific angles and frequencies designed to optimize UT penetration (and reflection) form normally VERY DIFFICULT to inspect materials - and which (previously) have almost always required dual-sided (through penetration) inspection techniques.

Please contact me directly for more details - if this of interest - since I don't want to sound too much like advertising.

: I am looking for people who deal with the testing of polymeric materials.
: I am interesting in investigation polymers and NDT tests of them.
: Especially rubbers and composites.
: thanks for any help.
: aleks.p.k@iaph.bas-net.by

Benmedakhene
Consultant, Consultant on acoustic emission and composites mat
Universite de Technologie de Compiegne, France, Joined Jan 2002, 1

Benmedakhene

Consultant, Consultant on acoustic emission and composites mat
Universite de Technologie de Compiegne,
France,
Joined Jan 2002
02:28 May-30-2002
Our knowledge is in acoustic emission testing of composite materials.
This type of NDT allows a real follow-up of the damage and failure of the composites structures.
If our activity interests you, do not hesitate to contact us.
Universite de Technologie de Compiègne, in France
Cordially

Jim Knowles
Jim Knowles
03:04 May-30-2002
: I am looking for people who deal with the testing of polymeric materials.
: I am interesting in investigation polymers and NDT tests of them.
: Especially rubbers and composites.
: thanks for any help.
: aleks.p.k@iaph.bas-net.by
.I undertook some ultrasonic inspection work with POLYTEST in Moscow who I believe may be of help.
E-mail:polytest@mtu-net.ru
They have developed inspection methods using ultrasound on PVC and Polythene type plastics.

Product Spotlight

On Demand Webinar: Improve the Efficiency and Accuracy of Inspection Scanning

On-demand webinar on scanning technology that helps improve the efficiency and accuracy of ultrasoni
c inspections in oil and gas, aerospace, manufacturing and other industrial applications. The webinar features a scanning solution for multiple inspection environments, including flat and curved specimens, magnetic and nonmagnetic surfaces and raster scanning over long distances. View it today.
>

MANTIS

MANTIS is a compact, powerful and affordable flaw detector (16:64PR), dedicated to field operators
. This portable equipment offers standard (electronic-, sector-, compound scan, conventional UT for pulse-echo, dual array and TOFD inspections), and advanced phased-array (real-time TFM -Total Focusing Method). MANTIS benefits from the same intuitive and user-friendly interface (CAPTURE) than Gekko for easier inspections.
>

ISAFE3 Intrinsically Safe Sensor System

ISAFE3 intrinsically safe sensor system of Vallen Systeme is especially targeted at the petrochemica
l - as well as oil and gas transportation industry. The sensor system is designed for permanent monitoring or periodic inspection tasks. Sensors are available for different AE-frequency ranges optimized for corrosion and fatigue crack detection and other applications. The ISAFE 3 sensor system consists of an AE-sensor (model ISAS3) certified according to ATEX/IEC for installation in zone 0, gas group IIC, IP68, 20 to +60 °C, and a signal isolator (model SISO3) certified for installation in zone 2. An ISAS3 sensor can be mounted in atmosphere or submerged, e.g. in water or crude oil. It is supported by mounting tools for temporary (magnets) or permanent (welded) installation. ISAFE3 supports automatic sensor coupling test and can be used with any AE signal processor supporting 28V supply at 90 mA peak, e.g. Vallen Systeme ASIP-2/A.
>

GUL Subsea Solutions - Screeening & Monitoring

To inspect new and existing subsea lines, you need proven technology and experience. GUL offers it's
technology to solve this challenge: GUL Subsea and gMAT Transducer Rings.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window