where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Hillger Ing. Büro
was founded in 1984 and develops special ultrasonic imaging systems for high-tech materials.
Technical Discussions
John Hazel
John Hazel
09:08 Jun-06-2002
Inconel 825 Acoustic longitudinal velocity

I am trying to find the acoustic longitudinal velocity for Inconel 825. there is not much information posted about this alloy. Does any one have any ideas what the velocity is or where I might find it?

Danny Wang
Danny Wang
09:53 Jun-06-2002
Re: Inconel 825 Acoustic longitudinal velocity
: I am trying to find the acoustic longitudinal velocity for Inconel 825. there is not much information posted about this alloy. Does any one have any ideas what the velocity is or where I might find it?

John:

Velocity V=D/t Two techniques:
(1)
Find a place with known thickness (t) such as flange.
Using your UT to find the transient time ( delta T). The time from initial pauls to first back wall or the transient time from 1st back wall to 2nd back wall.

V= 2 x thickness/ delta T

(2)
Find a place with known thickness (t) such as flange.
Using your UT, placed a probe on the known thickness area and change the velocity until the first back to the correct thickness.

If you have futher question you can call me at 909-392-5263. or visit my web site at http://www.spectruminspection.org

Danny Wang, PE

Richard Finlayson
Director, Operations
Princeton Instruments, USA, Joined Jun 2000, 8

Richard Finlayson

Director, Operations
Princeton Instruments,
USA,
Joined Jun 2000
00:52 Jun-06-2002
: : I am trying to find the acoustic longitudinal velocity for Inconel 825. there is not much information posted about this alloy. Does any one have any ideas what the velocity is or where I might find it?
: .
: John:
John,

You can find a table of acoustic velocities in Part 2 of the NDT Handbook,UT testing,Volume Seven from ASNT. It shows the longitudinal wave velocity as 5820 m/s for Inconel.

Richard
Major (retired) Richard D. Finlayson
Director, Research, Engineering Applications, Certification,
Training (REACT) and New Business Development
Physical Acoustics Corp.
195 Clarksville Road
Princeton Jct. NJ 08550, USA
Direct Phone: (609)-716-4026
Fax: (609)-716-0706
e-mail: rfinlayson@pacndt.com
web site: www.pacndt.com

M. W. Moyer
M. W. Moyer
01:41 Jun-06-2002
I have the following values for Inconel:
Inconel 600 Inconel
Longitudinal Velocity: 5.915 mm/us 5.820 mm/us
Shear Velocity: 3.078 mm/us 3.020 mm/us
Density: 8.45 gm/cm^3 8.250 gm/cm^3

: I am trying to find the acoustic longitudinal velocity for Inconel 825. there is not much information posted about this alloy. Does any one have any ideas what the velocity is or where I might find it?

Product Spotlight

CIVA 2020 UT Module

CIVA NDE Simulation Software is the world leader of NDT Simulation. The UT simulation Module incl
udes: - "Beam computation": Beam propagation simulation - "Inspection Simulation": Beam interaction with flaws or specimens The user can simulate a whole inspection process (pulse echo, tandem or TOFD) with a wide range of probes (conventional, Phased- arrays or EMAT), components, and flaws.
>

NDTkit RT

NDTkit RT, TESTIA's Digital Radiography software The NDTkit product line software for X-ray analysi
s. NDTkit RT is a software benefiting from the Ultis kernel which is dedicated to radiographic image analysis. It offers a set of tools and filtering processes to assist RT operators in finding relevant flaws.
>

Lyft™: Pulsed Eddy Current Reinvented

PEC Reinvented—CUI Programs Redefined Corrosion under insulation (CUI) is possibly the greatest u
nresolved asset integrity problem in the industry. Current methods for measuring wall thickness with liftoff, without removing insulation, all have severe limitations. Eddyfi introduces Lyft — a reinvented, high-performance pulsed eddy current (PEC) solution. The patent- pending system features a state-of-the-art portable instrument, real- time C-scan imaging, fast data acquisition with grid-mapping and dynamic scanning modes, and flexibility with long cables. It can also scan through thick metal and insulation, as well as aluminum, stainless steel, and galvanized steel weather jackets. Who else but Eddyfi to reinvent an eddy current technique and redefine CUI programs. Got Lyft?
>

Combination of Digital Image Correlation and Thermographic Measurements

The combination of measuring results from the digital image correlation (ARAMIS, DIC) and temperat
ure measuring data from infrared cameras permits the simultaneous analysis of the thermal and mechanical behavior of test specimens in the materials and components testing field.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window