where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

GRANPECT COMPANY Ltd
GRANPECT bends to the industrialization of high-tech research achievements and specializes in research and development of various X-ray radiation imag ...
Technical Discussions
John Hazel
John Hazel
09:08 Jun-06-2002
Inconel 825 Acoustic longitudinal velocity

I am trying to find the acoustic longitudinal velocity for Inconel 825. there is not much information posted about this alloy. Does any one have any ideas what the velocity is or where I might find it?

Danny Wang
Danny Wang
09:53 Jun-06-2002
Re: Inconel 825 Acoustic longitudinal velocity
: I am trying to find the acoustic longitudinal velocity for Inconel 825. there is not much information posted about this alloy. Does any one have any ideas what the velocity is or where I might find it?

John:

Velocity V=D/t Two techniques:
(1)
Find a place with known thickness (t) such as flange.
Using your UT to find the transient time ( delta T). The time from initial pauls to first back wall or the transient time from 1st back wall to 2nd back wall.

V= 2 x thickness/ delta T

(2)
Find a place with known thickness (t) such as flange.
Using your UT, placed a probe on the known thickness area and change the velocity until the first back to the correct thickness.

If you have futher question you can call me at 909-392-5263. or visit my web site at http://www.spectruminspection.org

Danny Wang, PE

Richard Finlayson
Director, Operations
Princeton Instruments, USA, Joined Jun 2000, 8

Richard Finlayson

Director, Operations
Princeton Instruments,
USA,
Joined Jun 2000
00:52 Jun-06-2002
: : I am trying to find the acoustic longitudinal velocity for Inconel 825. there is not much information posted about this alloy. Does any one have any ideas what the velocity is or where I might find it?
: .
: John:
John,

You can find a table of acoustic velocities in Part 2 of the NDT Handbook,UT testing,Volume Seven from ASNT. It shows the longitudinal wave velocity as 5820 m/s for Inconel.

Richard
Major (retired) Richard D. Finlayson
Director, Research, Engineering Applications, Certification,
Training (REACT) and New Business Development
Physical Acoustics Corp.
195 Clarksville Road
Princeton Jct. NJ 08550, USA
Direct Phone: (609)-716-4026
Fax: (609)-716-0706
e-mail: rfinlayson@pacndt.com
web site: www.pacndt.com

M. W. Moyer
M. W. Moyer
01:41 Jun-06-2002
I have the following values for Inconel:
Inconel 600 Inconel
Longitudinal Velocity: 5.915 mm/us 5.820 mm/us
Shear Velocity: 3.078 mm/us 3.020 mm/us
Density: 8.45 gm/cm^3 8.250 gm/cm^3

: I am trying to find the acoustic longitudinal velocity for Inconel 825. there is not much information posted about this alloy. Does any one have any ideas what the velocity is or where I might find it?

Product Spotlight

IRIS 9000Plus - Introducing the next generation of heat exchanger inspection.

Representing the seventh generation of the IRIS system, the IRIS 9000 Plus has nearly 200 years of c
ombined field inspection experience incorporated in its design. This experience combined with a strong commitment to quality and a history of innovation has made Iris Inspection Services® the undisputed leader in IRIS technology.
>

SITEX CPSERIES

Teledyne ICM’s CPSERIES has been designed with a view to revolutionizing the handling and perfor
mances of portable X-Ray sets. Despite having managed to halve the weight of similar portable X-Ray generators available on the market (while continuing to provide the same power output), the SITEX CPSERIES generators feature a shutter, a laser pointer, a beryllium window, an aluminum filter and two integrated diaphragms (customized sizes are available upon request). Without compromising the robustness and reliability for which ICM products are renowned, the small size and light weight of the SITEX CPSERIES will radically change the way that you perform your RT inspections. And you will see a positive impact in terms of both quality and return on investment (ROI).
>

Panther

M2M PANTHER is a phased-array equipment designed for both desktop and industrial applications, offer
ing unparalleled performance in a compact unit. It combines the speed required for industrial integrated Phased-Array Ultrasound (PAUT) solutions, with the most complete set of total focusing method (TFM) imaging techniques, making it the ultimate tool for R&D and procedure qualification.
>

FD800 Bench Top Flaw Detectors

The bench-top FD800 flaw detector range combines state-of-the-art flaw detection with advanced mater
ial thickness capabilities. Designed for use in the laboratory these gauges are the tool you need for all your flaw detecting needs.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window