European Post-doc and visiting scientist positions
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT DIRECTLY Dr A. Eriksson by e-mail email@example.com
Post Doc Fellowships and visiting scientist fellowships at ENIQ / Inspection Management Sector
The Inspection Management Sector of the Institute of Energy is the operating agent of ENIQ the European Network for Inspection and Qualification. The sector performs research, usually in multi-partner projects in order to i) assess and qualify non destructive evaluation inspection techniques and procedures primarily for nuclear components, ii) harmonise codes and standards at European level in the field of Inspection Qualification and Risk-informed In-service Inspection and to iii) set up a co-ordinated EU approach for qualification of in-service inspection. ENIQ covers pilot studies simulating in-service inspections, qualification of in-service inspections, drawing up of recommended practices for inspection qualification, verifying the feasibility to implement a European system of recognition at European level of inspection qualification exercises and studying risk informed concepts and their influence on inspection qualification. We are now announcing the following fellowships:
1. Post-doc Fellowship for a scientist with experience in risk informed decision-making techniques for inspection and/or maintenance planning. Knowledge in probabilistic risk analysis is desirable. The candidate should hold a Ph.D. (or equivalent experience) in a field like mechanical engineering, nuclear engineering or physics.
2. Post-doc Fellowship for a specialist in ultrasonics, experimental and/or modelling. Possible areas to be covered are: applications of ultrasonic Phased Array system to in-service inspection (ISI) problems; inspection problems/modelling of austenitic welds (scattering, attenuation, beam skewing etc), modelling and simulation of ultrasonic ISI. The candidate should hold a Ph.D. (or equivalent experience) in a field like mechanical engineering, nuclear engineering or physics.
3. Post-doc Fellowship for an inspection qualification specialist with knowledge in the use of technical justification in the qualification process, modelling, reliability studies of the different components in the In-service Inspection system (procedures, equipment and personnel). Experience with ultrasonics is desirable, but other techniques are also welcome. The candidate should hold a Ph.D. (or equivalent experience) in a field like mechanical engineering, nuclear engineering or physics.
4. Visiting scientists (all nationalities, less than 65 years old, with good track record in NDT R&D on the topics described in points 1, 2 and 3). More information on request.
Minimum requirements :
- to be less than 35 years old (Visiting scientists: less than 65 years old)
- to be a European citizen (or a member of an associated states) Visiting scientists (any nationalities)
- to have a PhD degree
Contract duration: 2 ~ 3 years.
Location: The Netherlands, Europe.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT DIRECTLY Dr A. Eriksson by e-mail: