where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
Jose Rios
Jose Rios
07:50 Nov-10-1998
bimorph bender transducer

Dear experts,

to develop a present application I would need design a bimorph bender tranduscer in parallel configuration. I believe that the response of such a transducer depends only on the dimensions (thickness, free length, clamped length, and width) of the bimorph as well as the piezoceramic material that compounds.

My question is how, or in other words what is the relation between the response of the bimorph (bending in cantilever configuration) (resonance frequency, bandwidth, displacement, voltage needed...) and its dimensions (T, FL, CL, W) and nature. How should be designed, starting from the response specifications, the dimensions and nature of the bender???

I would grateful any clues or references of books or web pages, journal articles... where it could be explained.

Thanks in advance.

Afshin Madinei
Afshin Madinei
09:13 Dec-23-1998
Re: bimorph bender transducer
: Dear experts,

: to develop a present application I would need design a bimorph bender tranduscer in parallel configuration. I believe that the response of such a transducer depends only on the dimensions (thickness, free length, clamped length, and width) of the bimorph as well as the piezoceramic material that compounds.

: My question is how, or in other words what is the relation between the response of the bimorph (bending in cantilever configuration) (resonance frequency, bandwidth, displacement, voltage needed...) and its dimensions (T, FL, CL, W) and nature. How should be designed, starting from the response specifications, the dimensions and nature of the bender???

: I would grateful any clues or references of books or web pages, journal articles... where it could be explained.

: Thanks in advance.

M. Simon
M. Simon
01:12 Feb-19-1999

Rainer Meier
R & D
retired from intelligeNDT Systems & Services, Germany, Joined Nov 1998, 15

Rainer Meier

R & D
retired from intelligeNDT Systems & Services,
Germany,
Joined Nov 1998
01:05 Feb-26-1999
: Dear experts,

: to develop a present application I would need design a bimorph bender tranduscer in parallel configuration. I believe that the response of such a transducer depends only on the dimensions (thickness, free length, clamped length, and width) of the bimorph as well as the piezoceramic material that compounds.

: My question is how, or in other words what is the relation between the response of the bimorph (bending in cantilever configuration) (resonance frequency, bandwidth, displacement, voltage needed...) and its dimensions (T, FL, CL, W) and nature. How should be designed, starting from the response specifications, the dimensions and nature of the bender???

: I would grateful any clues or references of books or web pages, journal articles... where it could be explained.

: Thanks in advance.

The properties of bender widely vary depending on the design (monomorph, bimorph, trimorph), driving
conditions and PZT material. Basic relations for example are given in the company paper
"Piecoelectric Ceramics", Philips Components, Eindhoven, The Netherlands (1991). A paper covering
the topic with 95 citations: Jan G. Smits et al., Sensors and Actuators A, 28 (1991) pp. 41 - 61.

Rainer Meier
on behalf of
Dr. Karl Lubitz
E-mail: Karl.Lubitz@mchp.siemens.de

k.rochdi
k.rochdi
03:08 Mar-16-1999
: : Dear experts,

: : to develop a present application I would need design a bimorph bender tranduscer in parallel configuration. I believe that the response of such a transducer depends only on the dimensions (thickness, free length, clamped length, and width) of the bimorph as well as the piezoceramic material that compounds.

: : My question is how, or in other words what is the relation between the response of the bimorph (bending in cantilever configuration) (resonance frequency, bandwidth, displacement, voltage needed...) and its dimensions (T, FL, CL, W) and nature. How should be designed, starting from the response specifications, the dimensions and nature of the bender???

: : I would grateful any clues or references of books or web pages, journal articles... where it could be explained.

: : Thanks in advance.

:
: The properties of bender widely vary depending on the design (monomorph, bimorph, trimorph), driving
: conditions and PZT material. Basic relations for example are given in the company paper
: "Piecoelectric Ceramics", Philips Components, Eindhoven, The Netherlands (1991). A paper covering
: the topic with 95 citations: Jan G. Smits et al., Sensors and Actuators A, 28 (1991) pp. 41 - 61.

: Rainer Meier
: on behalf of
: Dr. Karl Lubitz
: E-mail: Karl.Lubitz@mchp.siemens.de

Product Spotlight

GUL Subsea Solutions - Screeening & Monitoring

To inspect new and existing subsea lines, you need proven technology and experience. GUL offers it's
technology to solve this challenge: GUL Subsea and gMAT Transducer Rings.
>

Wireless TOFD scanner

Quick, accurate and highly reproducible welds testing. The System operates wirelessly and is compat
ible with any type of Windows based Laptop, Desktop or Tablet.
>

FMC/TFM

Next generation for Phased Array UT is here now with FMC/TFM! Have higher resolution imaging, impr
oved signal to noise ratio, characterize, size and analyze defects better with access to several wave mode views and save raw FMC data for higher quality analysis.  Some of the benefits are:
  • Beautiful Image! Easier to understand what you're looking at
  • Completely focused in entire image or volume
  • Much easier to define setups before inspection
  • Easier to decipher geometry echoes from real defects
  • Oriented defects (e.g. cracks) are imaged better
  • See image from different wave modes from one FMC inspection
  • FMC data can be reprocessed/analyzed without going back to the field
>

A1525 SOLO

A1525 Solo – the most compact and affordable TMF unit with two phased array transducers and 3D v
isualization and analysis software in standard delivery set. A compact, ergonomic and easy to handheld Phased Array unit based on Total Focusing Method for easy-going imaging of inspection objects with two-dimensional and three-dimensional visualization and evaluation of inspection results.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window