where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Airstar Inc.
Application of the newest technologies, such as air-coupled ultrasound, digital instrumentation, signal processing, and transducer technology.
Technical Discussions
Milan
NDT Inspector
U.S.Steel Kosice s.r.o, Slovak Republic, Joined Aug 2002, 4

Milan

NDT Inspector
U.S.Steel Kosice s.r.o,
Slovak Republic,
Joined Aug 2002
03:34 Aug-12-2002
Thickness measurement

Hello everybody.
May somebody help me?
I need measure thickness of pipewall but I have one trouble.
Diameter of pipeline is 2500mm, and thickness of pipe wall is about 6-10mm.
I have apparatus DM-2LCDM with transducer DA211.
And what trouble?
This pipe is in blast furnance. Its leaning gas tubing.Entrance to the pipeline is only from one side(from above), and is impossible go round all pipe because its much high(60m).But I need measure all surface, but my hand is too short.(diameter 2500mm). Do you know how can I solve this trouble?
Thank you.
Milan
Sorry for my poor english.

Richard Kazares
Richard Kazares
06:44 Aug-12-2002
Re: Thickness measurement
You have an interesting problem - and I think we have a good solution for you - we manufacture a CONFIGURABLE magnetic scanner - that can easly go around the inside of a 2500 mm pipe - and perform a 100% thickness survery for you.

If you follow the link below to our website and get information on LSI (Large Structure Inspection) System.

It would be more than likely that we can help you perform this test - we have systems available for use in North America (4 systems), Europe (4 systems), the Middle East (1 system), South America (2 systems) and Japan (1 system).

Alternatively, you may contact me directly for more information.

Richard Kazares
General Manager
NDT Automation
1-619-716-4123

: Hello everybody.
: May somebody help me?
: I need measure thickness of pipewall but I have one trouble.
: Diameter of pipeline is 2500mm, and thickness of pipe wall is about 6-10mm.
: I have apparatus DM-2LCDM with transducer DA211.
: And what trouble?
: This pipe is in blast furnance. Its leaning gas tubing.Entrance to the pipeline is only from one side(from above), and is impossible go round all pipe because its much high(60m).But I need measure all surface, but my hand is too short.(diameter 2500mm). Do you know how can I solve this trouble?
: Thank you.
: Milan
: Sorry for my poor english.

S.V.Swamy
Engineering, - Material Testing Inspection & Quality Control
Retired from Nuclear Fuel Complex , India, Joined Feb 2001, 787

S.V.Swamy

Engineering, - Material Testing Inspection & Quality Control
Retired from Nuclear Fuel Complex ,
India,
Joined Feb 2001
07:30 Aug-13-2002
Re: Thickness measurement
From what Mr.Milan wrote, I got the impression that he cannot access the ID of the pipe, but can access the pipe only from OD and that too from above. In such a case, a magnetic crawler or a ring with the probe mounted by a spring so that contact is assured can be tried.

If he clarifies the access (from OD or ID), the solutions can be thought of.

: You have an interesting problem - and I think we have a good solution for you - we manufacture a CONFIGURABLE magnetic scanner - that can easly go around the inside of a 2500 mm pipe - and perform a 100% thickness survery for you.
: If you follow the link below to our website and get information on LSI (Large Structure Inspection) System.
: It would be more than likely that we can help you perform this test - we have systems available for use in North America (4 systems), Europe (4 systems), the Middle East (1 system), South America (2 systems) and Japan (1 system).
: Alternatively, you may contact me directly for more information.
: Richard Kazares
: General Manager
: NDT Automation
: 1-619-716-4123
: : Hello everybody.
: : May somebody help me?
: : I need measure thickness of pipewall but I have one trouble.
: : Diameter of pipeline is 2500mm, and thickness of pipe wall is about 6-10mm.
: : I have apparatus DM-2LCDM with transducer DA211.
: : And what trouble?
: : This pipe is in blast furnance. Its leaning gas tubing.Entrance to the pipeline is only from one side(from above), and is impossible go round all pipe because its much high(60m).But I need measure all surface, but my hand is too short.(diameter 2500mm). Do you know how can I solve this trouble?
: : Thank you.
: : Milan
: : Sorry for my poor english.
: .

Product Spotlight

IntraPhase Athena Phased Array System

The Athena Phased Array system, manufactured by WesDyne NDE Products & Technology, consists of a pha
sed array acquisition system and PC running IntraSpect software. A PC is used to perform acquisition, analysis and storage of the data. System hardware is capable of operating up to four data sets with any combination of phased array or conventional UT probes. NOW AVAILABLE IN 64-64 CONFIGURATION.
>

iProbe - USB Phased Array Probe

Turn your PC, Laptop or Tablet into a powerful 32:64 Phased Array system with our USB powered Phas
ed Array iProbe and inspection software package. Perform affordable weld inspection and corrosion mapping inspections with this powerful but small system. The probe has a 100V pulser, 8K PRF, dual axis encoder input and achieves outstanding signal quality.
>

GUL QSR1® Scanning

How do you measure pipe wall thickness without direct access to the area? QSR® Scanning - Guide Wav
e Quantitative Short Range Scanning.
>

IRIS 9000Plus - Introducing the next generation of heat exchanger inspection.

Representing the seventh generation of the IRIS system, the IRIS 9000 Plus has nearly 200 years of c
ombined field inspection experience incorporated in its design. This experience combined with a strong commitment to quality and a history of innovation has made Iris Inspection Services® the undisputed leader in IRIS technology.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window