where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
Fernando Monti
R & D,
SIDERCA S.A.I.C., Argentina, Joined Sep 2002, 1

Fernando Monti

R & D,
SIDERCA S.A.I.C.,
Argentina,
Joined Sep 2002
04:13 Sep-30-2002
inner pipe diammeter measurement

I should measure the inner diameter of seem less pipes in the range of 144 mm up to 273 mm with a precision of 0.01.
Could somebody help me?.

Rolf Diederichs
Director,
NDT.net, Germany, Joined Nov 1998, 604

Rolf Diederichs

Director,
NDT.net,
Germany,
Joined Nov 1998
08:47 Oct-02-2002
Re: inner pipe diammeter measurement
You can use ultrasound, see: http://www.ndt.net/article/rohrext/us_dia/us_dia_e.htm

I believe that krautkramer or Panametrics deliver such system.

Rolf Diederichs

: I should measure the inner diameter of seem less pipes in the range of 144 mm up to 273 mm with a precision of 0.01.
: Could somebody help me?.

Dr. Patel
R & D, Consultant to Universities/Industries
Fallon Ultrasonics/McMaster University, Canada, Joined May 2001, 20

Dr. Patel

R & D, Consultant to Universities/Industries
Fallon Ultrasonics/McMaster University,
Canada,
Joined May 2001
06:16 Oct-02-2002
Re: inner pipe diammeter measurement
: I should measure the inner diameter of seem less pipes in the range of 144 mm up to 273 mm with a precision of 0.01.
: Could somebody help me?.
Fallon Ultrasonics sells pipe diameter measurements system having accuracy of 1 micron. System measures wall thickness (true and average), OD and ID (true and average) ovality and eccentricity. Data are displayed on chart recorded formate and very high speed. System are being used in nulcear industires with flaw system at surface speed of greater than 2 m/s. Please contact me if you need further information. For the measurement accuracy both sensor and system should able to respond to slight variation in positon of tube with repsect to sensor position.

Regards

Dr. Patel

Product Spotlight

TESTD-PT SYSTEM

Pulse thermography is a non-contact test method that is ideal for the characterization of thin fil
ms and coatings or the detection of defects. With a remarquable short test time and a high detection sensitivity, the Telops TESTD-PT is the perfect tool for non- destructive testing. With such high frame rates, it is even possible to investigate highly conductive or diffusive materials.
>

Conformable wedge transducer

The conformability is obtained with a flexible membrane filled with water between the transducer and
the inspected component. The coupling between the membrane and the component requires a small quantity of water or couplant. The conformable wedge combines the acoustic performance of immersion technique with good coupling and low attenuation.
>

Compact NDT inspection-heads for measurements with active thermography

The compact inspection head is suitable for thermographic ndt tasks. The uncooled infrared camera
is specially developed for NDI-tasks and offers a thermal sensitivity until now known only from thermal imagers with cooled detector. All required components and functions are integrated into the inspection-head. You will only need an ethernet cable to connect the sensor with the evaluation system.
>

Alpha Pro Digital Radiography System

The Alpha Pro digital X-ray system is the ideal system for your NDT \r\nneeds, as it offers amazin
g 16 bit images which enable the highest \r\nlevel of detection and identification of hairline cracks. While weighing only 3kg (6.6lbs), this panel has the largest imaging area: 35 X 43 cm (14X17 in).
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window