where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

TWI
TWI is a world leading research and technology organisation established in 1946. From bases in the UK, USA, China, Malaysia, Middle East, India a ...
Technical Discussions
Dr Ahmed Yamani
Director, - President & CEO
Yamani Institute of Technology, Algeria, Joined Nov 2001, 23

Dr Ahmed Yamani

Director, - President & CEO
Yamani Institute of Technology,
Algeria,
Joined Nov 2001
08:35 Nov-05-2002
Testing Corrosion in Fusion-Bonded Epoxy-coated Rebar in Concrete

Dear Colleagues,

I appreciate very much if any one can direct me to techniques used or any literature available on the assessment of corrosion in Fusion-Bonded-Epoxy-Coated Rebar in concrete.
The cover (depth of concrete above the bar) is about 4 to 6 cm, I was thinking of using eddy current techniques for that. Any comments are much welcome.

John O'Brien
Consultant, -
Chevron ETC , USA, Joined Jan 2000, 280

John O'Brien

Consultant, -
Chevron ETC ,
USA,
Joined Jan 2000
01:38 Nov-07-2002
Re: Testing Corrosion in Fusion-Bonded Epoxy-coated Rebar in Concrete
I think you may find the standoff too great to obtain reliable results. In the UK the civil industry is working with AE through a product called AECORR to monitor active corrosion of steel in concrete. It may be worth looking at.

Weihua Mao
Weihua Mao
05:38 Nov-11-2002
Re: Testing Corrosion in Fusion-Bonded Epoxy-coated Rebar in Concrete
I guess that we are doing similar inpsection to your problem.
Our company, the Pressure Pipe Inspection Company, developed a technique called Remote Field Eddy Current / Transformer Coupling. We inspect the broken prestressing steel wires in concrete pipes. In general, the pipes are underground and we inspect them from the inside of the pipes. We can tell the number of broken steel wires even there is a Gauge 14 steel cylinder.

Could you tell me more details about your problem? Such as the geometry and requrement.

Weihua Mao

: Dear Colleagues,
:
: I appreciate very much if any one can direct me to techniques used or any literature available on the assessment of corrosion in Fusion-Bonded-Epoxy-Coated Rebar in concrete.
: The cover (depth of concrete above the bar) is about 4 to 6 cm, I was thinking of using eddy current techniques for that. Any comments are much welcome.

Product Spotlight

GUL QSR1® Scanning

How do you measure pipe wall thickness without direct access to the area? QSR® Scanning - Guide Wav
e Quantitative Short Range Scanning.
>

Ultrasonic Squirter/Gantry System

TecScan’s NDT Ultrasonic Gantry Systems are industrial Squirter scanners designed for non-destru
ctive quality testing and raster scanning of large structures and parts. The Gantry Systems are usually composed of an Industrial Mechanical Scanner and a Control Room with System Workstation.
>

NEW! The PragmaPro Instrument Platform

The PragmaPro is based on a modular cartridge technology and supports various NDT instrument modal
ities such as UT, PAUT, ECT and many more. This new platform is based on a machined, powder-coated aluminum frame for shock-proofness, best sealing qualities and maximum heat dissipation. This is practical to extend the outdoor temperature range and/or to extend the power injected in the transducers. The PragmaPro is aiming at a very wide range of applications, such as weld scanning, corrosion mapping and composite testing.
>

GEKKO - Portable Phased Array Testing with TFM in Real-Time

The portable phased array testing system GEKKO provides 64 parallel test channels. On creating testi
ng parameters the operator is assisted by the CIVA software. Due to its modular set-up the GEKKO instrument is suitable for operators of all skill levels.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window