where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
ismail sarpun
ismail sarpun
02:26 Nov-06-2002
experimetal setup

I want to establish a system which I can determine grain size. so is there anyone can help me?

DJ Kallhof
DJ Kallhof
04:38 Nov-07-2002
Re: experimetal setup
: I want to establish a system which I can determine grain size. so is there anyone can help me?
Polishing the material to a mirror finish, followed by a chemical etch, will reveal the grain sufficiently to observe with proper magnification. A permanent record may be obtained by replicating the surface. Respond back with the material you are working with.

Scott Longstreet
NDT Inspector, Metallographer
Areospace, USA, Joined Apr 2002, 5

Scott Longstreet

NDT Inspector, Metallographer
Areospace,
USA,
Joined Apr 2002
05:21 Nov-07-2002
: : I want to establish a system which I can determine grain size. so is there anyone can help me?
: .
: Polishing the material to a mirror finish, followed by a chemical etch, will reveal the grain sufficiently to observe with proper magnification. A permanent record may be obtained by replicating the surface. Respond back with the material you are working with.
ASTM E8 Would be an excellent refernece guide!

Scott Longstreet
Scott Longstreet
06:29 Nov-07-2002
: I want to establish a system which I can determine grain size. so is there anyone can help me?
Soory, I meant to suggest ASTM E3 as a guide. For that matter, look into the many ASTM standars for help.

Product Spotlight

NovaScope 6000

The all-digital Novascope 6000 is a portable, ultra-high precision thickness gauge for high-speed
thickness measurement. Novascope 6000 has unmatched capabilities and unique features including: •Superior Resolution with high contrast, high-speed color RF display •High pulser voltage •Real-time video output •Increased internal/external data storage •Programmable SetUp features •Battery & AC Powered
>

Magnetic X-Ray Pipeline Crawler

Zhong Yi brand pipeline crawler is magnetic/micro-video controlled crawler with DC X ray unit inst
alled for checking welding of pipeline. Move steadily inside the pipeline 6''-60''diameter with speed of up to 18m/min, Max. moving diatance 5 kilometers and provide the efficient inspection of the pipeline.
>

Ultrasonic tomograph for imaging of concrete structures А1040 MIRA

Applicable for concrete inspection allowing imaging of the internal structure of objects from conc
rete, reinforced concrete, different stones. The operation applies pulse-echo technique at one-side access to the object. The instrument is feasible for concrete inspection for searching conduct ducts, conduits, detection of foreign inclusions, holes, honeycombing, cracks and other concrete defects.
>

Teletest Focus+

Teletest Focus+ electronics have superior capabilities than rivals on the market. Beyond the usual
test features, Focus+ has 24 transmit channels and 24 receive channels, with an additional on-board switching capabilities. The instrument's frequency range is 10–300 kHz.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window