where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
junho
NDT Inspector,
KOREA Material INSPECTION, South Korea, Joined Oct 2009, 21

junho

NDT Inspector,
KOREA Material INSPECTION,
South Korea,
Joined Oct 2009
07:23 Jan-25-2010
How to use olympus CDS-7t Wedges????

I bought olympus CDS-7t wedge to surface examination. but I don't know how to use
cds- wedge. And I can not find any resources.

I have been using Olympus omniscan-mx. so, omniscan-mx did a lot of bugs?

junho
NDT Inspector,
KOREA Material INSPECTION, South Korea, Joined Oct 2009, 21

junho

NDT Inspector,
KOREA Material INSPECTION,
South Korea,
Joined Oct 2009
08:48 Jan-25-2010
Re: How to use olympus CDS-7t Wedges????
In Reply to junho at 07:23 Jan-25-2010 (Opening).

and How to calibration????

detection and sizing of OD connected cracks is possible ????.

James Gauthier
Engineering,
ABB, Inc., USA, Joined Nov 2007, 25

James Gauthier

Engineering,
ABB, Inc.,
USA,
Joined Nov 2007
15:36 Jan-25-2010

The OlympusNDT CDS-7t is a great tool to have in your UT Toolbox. It should be coupled with a transducer that is appropriate for the inspection your are attempting. If you want to learn to use this type of probe/wedge combination, I suggest Mark J. Davis (University of Ultrasonics) crack detection course. They will teach you the methods associated with the creeping wave technique as well as other complimentary techniques.

Good Luck!

Jamie

Michael Moles †2014 *1948
, Joined ,
21:07 Jan-25-2010

No, the OmniScan MX is relatively bug-free these days. The very early versions had some issues, as do most first generation instruments, but we seem to be running well these days.

If you have problems, contact your Olympus rep or some other expert like one of the training companies for help.

Michael

Rick Lopez
R & D,
John Deere - Moline Technology Innovation Center, USA, Joined Jul 2011, 191

Rick Lopez

R & D,
John Deere - Moline Technology Innovation Center,
USA,
Joined Jul 2011
23:22 Jun-04-2013

Although this is an old thread, I was recently looking for information about this wedge style myself. I came across a summary by Olympus (Russ Minkwitz) that you may find useful:
http://www.olympus-ims.com/en/applications/detection-sizing-techniques-id-connected-cracking/

Product Spotlight

High-performance Linear Phased Array Probes

Available to order from stock in a range of 5MHz – 7.5MHz and from 16 to 64 elements. Designed w
ith piezo-composite elements, Phoenix phased array probes provide high-resolution imaging to maximise sensitivity; accurate ultrasonic detection and sizing of defects in welds; and effective corrosion mapping. Housed in a rugged stainless steel case for on-site industrial NDT applications.
>

NDT Master Lecturer

In the program both university professors and practitioners will give lectures, which guarantees the
oretical depth and practical inside. Academic Director: Prof. Dr. Christian Boller
The following lecturers are not complete: Prof. Tadeusz Stepinski, Prof. Wieslaw Staszewski, Prof. Frank Walther, Prof. Giovanni Bruno, Prof. Gerd Dobmann, Prof. Philippe Guy
>

Immersion systems

ScanMaster ultrasonic immersion systems are designed for high throughput, multi shift operation in a
n industrial or lab environment. These fully integrated systems provide various scanning configurations and incorporate conventional and phased arrays technologies to support diverse applications, such as inspection of disks, bars, shafts, billets and plates. All of ScanMaster immersion systems are built from high accuracy scanning frames allowing for scanning of complex parts and include a multi-channel ultrasonic instrument with exceptional performance. The systems are approved by all major manufacturers for C-scan inspection of jet engine forged discs. Together with a comprehensive set of software modules these flexible series of systems provide the customer with the best price performance solutions.
>

Eddy Current inspection : RotoETscan Rotating Head

The rotating head RotoETscan detects the presence of longitudinal surface or sub surface defects a
t high speed. The rotating head is often installed directly on the production line. It is generally dedicated to the control of long products such as tubes, bars and wires, made of ferrous or non-ferrous material. It can also be used for inspection of small parts (billets).
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window