where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Volume Graphics GmbH
By choosing Volume Graphics software, you can rely on more than 20 years of experience in the development of software for non-destructive testi ...
Technical Discussions
Renaningsih Setjo
Renaningsih Setjo
08:30 Mar-04-2003
Material designation

Dear Colleagues,

At present I have been working in Material Testing Lab. I am doing research on Remaining Life for boiler tubes. The material of the tubes are 15 No.3, 10 Cr No.910, ST 35.8 III.
I have the difficulties to get some data related to the chemical composituion of these materials since I am not familiar with this designation. Dear Friend would you please help me with the equal design. of these materials according to ASTM Code?? ...Please inform..I really appreciated for your help.

Best regards

Ms. Rena Setjo

Uli Mletzko
R & D, Retired
Germany, Joined Nov 1998, 89

Uli Mletzko

R & D, Retired
Germany,
Joined Nov 1998
00:23 Mar-04-2003
Re: Material designation

: At present I have been working in Material Testing Lab. I am doing research on Remaining Life for boiler tubes. The material of the tubes are 15 No.3, 10 Cr No.910, ST 35.8 III.
: I have the difficulties to get some data related to the chemical composituion of these materials since I am not familiar with this designation. Dear Friend would you please help me with the equal design. of these materials according to ASTM Code?? ...Please inform..I really appreciated for your help.

Dear Ms. Rena Setjo,
the materials mentioned are according to German standards (DIN), for low or medium temperature boiler applications.

The composition is for

St_35.8 = (C <= 0.17 %, Si <= 0.35 %, Mn >= 0.40 %, Cr <= 0.03 %),
15_Mo_3 = (C 0.12-0.20 %, Si 0.15-0.35 %, Mn 0.50-0.80 %, Cr <= 0.03 %, Mo 0.25-0.35 %),
10_CrMo_9_10 = (C <= 0.15 %, Si 0.15-0.50 %, Mn 0.40-0.60 %, Cr 2.0-2.5 %, Mo 0.9-1.1 %).

The roman number 'III' is for quality level 'three'.

I've used the underscore character '_' within the alloy names. In the original names there have to be blanks/spaces.

The ranking is ascending according to the alloy content of molybdenum and chromium, which is according to the intended temperature level.

I hope this helps to find corresponding alloys according to other standards.

Regards
Uli Mletzko
MPA, NDT group,
University of Stuttgart, Germany

Product Spotlight

NEOS III

NEOS III is Logos Imagings lightest DR system. With a built-in battery and internal wireless commu
nication, the NEOS III is perfect for users that want to quickly assess an item.
>

Combination of Digital Image Correlation and Thermographic Measurements

The combination of measuring results from the digital image correlation (ARAMIS, DIC) and temperat
ure measuring data from infrared cameras permits the simultaneous analysis of the thermal and mechanical behavior of test specimens in the materials and components testing field.
>

HARDNESS TESTER TKM-459CE combi

TKM-459CE combi applies 2 methods of hardness control: UCI and Leeb. It provides high-accuracy tes
ting of metals and alloys as well as items of different sizes and configurations, their hardened layers and galvanic coatings. Device represents results in HB, HRC, HV and others. Shock-, dust- and water-proof housing with intuitive software make this gauge easy to use in all working conditions.
>

Ultrasonic Squirter/Gantry System

TecScan’s NDT Ultrasonic Gantry Systems are industrial Squirter scanners designed for non-destru
ctive quality testing and raster scanning of large structures and parts. The Gantry Systems are usually composed of an Industrial Mechanical Scanner and a Control Room with System Workstation.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window