where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

TWI
TWI is a world leading research and technology organisation established in 1946. From bases in the UK, USA, China, Malaysia, Middle East, India a ...
Technical Discussions
nader
NDT Inspector
Gulf petrochmical ind. co., Bahrain, Joined Jul 2001, 3

nader

NDT Inspector
Gulf petrochmical ind. co.,
Bahrain,
Joined Jul 2001
06:27 Mar-11-2003
portable carbon analyser

I am looking for a portable metal alloy analyser that can analyse carbone in defferent steel grade ....... can you recommend a brand name

Thanks
nader

Sean Franklin
Sean Franklin
09:45 Mar-11-2003
Re: portable carbon analyser
: I am looking for a portable metal alloy analyser that can analyse carbone in defferent steel grade ....... can you recommend a brand name
: Thanks
: nader

: One recommendation would be the M100A Metal Inspector manufactured by NDT Automation. It uses resistivity to help quickly and accurately sort metals.

The resistivity of a metal (the degree to which it "resists" the flow of electricity) is determined by its grain structure composition and state of the internal stress. The most common materials used in the metalworking industry have significantly diferent internal characteristics, and as a result, different resitivities. For example C1010 avg. resistivity is 12.7, C 1020 is 14.3, AL1100 is 3.8, 4340 is 26.2, etc.

The M100A is 9lbs. and no larger than a laptop.

For additional information, feel free to contact me at 609-716-4088 or SFranklin@NDTAutomation.com

Tuija Nyberg
Tuija Nyberg
08:33 Mar-14-2003
We at Metorex have an ARC-MET 8000 MobileLab analyzer that can analyze CArbon steel grade. See www.metorex.com.

Tuija Nyberg
Metorex International Oy

: I am looking for a portable metal alloy analyser that can analyse carbone in defferent steel grade ....... can you recommend a brand name
: Thanks
: nader

George Hui
George Hui
06:17 Dec-23-2005
Re: ARC MET 8000 - 1 Set
Dear Sir,

We have a customer who is seeking a mobile metal analyzer, thus please quote us the above model c/w standard accessories deliver to us and the delivery time.

Look forward to receiving your prompt offer.

Best regards,

: We at Metorex have an ARC-MET 8000 MobileLab analyzer that can analyze CArbon steel grade. See www.metorex.com.
: Tuija Nyberg
: Metorex International Oy
:
: : I am looking for a portable metal alloy analyser that can analyse carbone in defferent steel grade ....... can you recommend a brand name
: .
: : Thanks
: : nader
: .

gokul
gokul
08:53 Jun-17-2013
In Reply to nader at 06:27 Mar-11-2003 (Opening).

Please send a mail to me. Hence we are having a machine to find the Carbon in steel ... my email : gokulniton@gmail.com

With regards,
SG

Product Spotlight

Compact NDT inspection-heads for measurements with active thermography

The compact inspection head is suitable for thermographic ndt tasks. The uncooled infrared camera
is specially developed for NDI-tasks and offers a thermal sensitivity until now known only from thermal imagers with cooled detector. All required components and functions are integrated into the inspection-head. You will only need an ethernet cable to connect the sensor with the evaluation system.
>

High-end Ultrasonic Flaw Detector with 32:128PR PAUT and 2-ch TOFD: SyncScan 2

SIUI’s newly launched SyncScan 2, is a high-end ultrasonic flaw detector with 32:128PR PAUT and
2-ch TOFD, which can maximize your efficiency for PA and TOFD. ● Support PA/TOFD/UT ● 32-ch PA is more suitable for inspection on extra-thick wall and high-attenuation material. ● 32-ch PA and 2-ch TOFD work simultaneously. ● Support PR mode for corrosion inspection.
>

Conformable wedge transducer

The conformability is obtained with a flexible membrane filled with water between the transducer and
the inspected component. The coupling between the membrane and the component requires a small quantity of water or couplant. The conformable wedge combines the acoustic performance of immersion technique with good coupling and low attenuation.
>

Immersion systems

ScanMaster ultrasonic immersion systems are designed for high throughput, multi shift operation in a
n industrial or lab environment. These fully integrated systems provide various scanning configurations and incorporate conventional and phased arrays technologies to support diverse applications, such as inspection of disks, bars, shafts, billets and plates. All of ScanMaster immersion systems are built from high accuracy scanning frames allowing for scanning of complex parts and include a multi-channel ultrasonic instrument with exceptional performance. The systems are approved by all major manufacturers for C-scan inspection of jet engine forged discs. Together with a comprehensive set of software modules these flexible series of systems provide the customer with the best price performance solutions.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window