where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
Aakash
Aakash
05:01 May-09-2011
ACOUSTIC EYE

Dear All
Any one Knows about ACOUSTIC EYE TECHNOLOGY FOR HEAT EXCHANGER INSPECTION?
ITS GOOD SYSTEM?

Collin Maloney
NDT Inspector, - Plant Inspector
Applus RTD, Australia, Joined Nov 2000, 147

Collin Maloney

NDT Inspector, - Plant Inspector
Applus RTD,
Australia,
Joined Nov 2000
10:57 May-19-2011
Re: ACOUSTIC EYE
In Reply to Aakash at 05:01 May-09-2011 (Opening).

Have just brought one and awaiting delivery, will let you know how the training and application demonstration goes

S S Ananthan
Consultant,
RAA Tech Solutions, India, Joined Jun 2000, 36

S S Ananthan

Consultant,
RAA Tech Solutions,
India,
Joined Jun 2000
11:22 May-19-2011

I had used a similar equipment called acoustic ranger from Phoenix ISL and for me it was a very good one for blockage detection

Aakash
Aakash
03:15 May-25-2011
In Reply to S S Ananthan at 11:22 May-19-2011 .

Dear Ananthan
Do you have procedure and any inspection standard for that products?
(eg - ASNT, PCN, ANY)

Pls send me my Email

Rom
Rom
16:46 Jul-01-2014
In Reply to Aakash at 03:15 May-25-2011 .

ACOUSTIC EYE TECHNOLOGY can detect only 100% damage (hole). I recomend use guided waves. Wright me and I could send you more information

marco lancellotti
NDT Inspector,
IST NDT , Italy, Joined Mar 2011, 56

marco lancellotti

NDT Inspector,
IST NDT ,
Italy,
Joined Mar 2011
10:32 Jul-02-2014

good Morning
I studied the documents that are on acoustic technique eye and looks very promising, although it seems to me that it has a major limitation:
if the tube is present in our water, this is seen as a fouling or clogging a slight drop and even worse if this covers a crater that is not seen. However, if the pipe is dry and clean in my opinion offers great advantages. Unfortunately, the other major limitation is that you can not detect defects on the outer side of the tube.
Finally, I believe that there are different limitations on the use of licenses. I have heard that there are a maximum number of inspections (fire) that you can do and then the instrument is locked by software and to use it you have to ask for the intervention of the manufacturer.
If engineers Acoustic Eye see this thread maybe I'd get clarification

Daniel Bobrow
Consultant, Sales and Market Development, Ibero-America
Self employed, Israel, Joined Apr 2010, 1

Daniel Bobrow

Consultant, Sales and Market Development, Ibero-America
Self employed,
Israel,
Joined Apr 2010
19:34 Dec-21-2014
In Reply to marco lancellotti at 10:32 Jul-02-2014 .

Hi Marco. You are correct about the need to get rid of remaining water so that locally accumulated water, such as in tube bends, do not appear as blockages. This is easily done by blowing the tubes with pressurized air (about 2-5 seconds) or letting the water drip through the tubes at an angle. Of course, this is not an issue in the case of vertical tubes.

I'd like to add that the latest AcousticEye model, the Duet, applies pulsed guided ultrasonic waves together with acoustic pulses, detecting also OD faults and poses less stringent cleaning requirements along the tube.

Regarding software lockage; as long as the customer pays for its annual license the software remains open. Nevertheless, this is a pure commercial issue that has nothing to do with the software itself.

Ravindra Yadav
Consultant, NDT Level-3
Oceancare Corporation Sdn. Bhd., Malaysia, Joined May 2013, 1

Ravindra Yadav

Consultant, NDT Level-3
Oceancare Corporation Sdn. Bhd.,
Malaysia,
Joined May 2013
06:05 Jun-07-2018
In Reply to Rom at 16:46 Jul-01-2014 .

Hi Rom,

currently we have acoustic eye (APR) technology. Could you advise me about guided wave for tube inspection?

Younes
Younes
14:05 Aug-29-2019
In Reply to Collin Maloney at 10:57 May-19-2011 .

How much you brought please?

Jeff Lew
Jeff Lew
10:27 Sep-02-2019
In Reply to Younes at 14:05 Aug-29-2019 .

Please send your APR enquiry to sales@talcyon.com or visit our website: talcyon.com to find out more about APR technology.

Product Spotlight

Combination of Digital Image Correlation and Thermographic Measurements

The combination of measuring results from the digital image correlation (ARAMIS, DIC) and temperat
ure measuring data from infrared cameras permits the simultaneous analysis of the thermal and mechanical behavior of test specimens in the materials and components testing field.
>

High-performance Linear Phased Array Probes

Available to order from stock in a range of 5MHz – 7.5MHz and from 16 to 64 elements. Designed w
ith piezo-composite elements, Phoenix phased array probes provide high-resolution imaging to maximise sensitivity; accurate ultrasonic detection and sizing of defects in welds; and effective corrosion mapping. Housed in a rugged stainless steel case for on-site industrial NDT applications.
>

Eddy Current inspection : RotoETscan Rotating Head

The rotating head RotoETscan detects the presence of longitudinal surface or sub surface defects a
t high speed. The rotating head is often installed directly on the production line. It is generally dedicated to the control of long products such as tubes, bars and wires, made of ferrous or non-ferrous material. It can also be used for inspection of small parts (billets).
>

NEW! The PragmaPro Instrument Platform

The PragmaPro is based on a modular cartridge technology and supports various NDT instrument modal
ities such as UT, PAUT, ECT and many more. This new platform is based on a machined, powder-coated aluminum frame for shock-proofness, best sealing qualities and maximum heat dissipation. This is practical to extend the outdoor temperature range and/or to extend the power injected in the transducers. The PragmaPro is aiming at a very wide range of applications, such as weld scanning, corrosion mapping and composite testing.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window