where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
Jeff
R & D, Ultrasonic Phased Array, Physical Science, NAS-410 LIII
NASA, USA, Joined Dec 1999, 37

Jeff

NASA,
USA,
Joined Dec 1999
06:22 Aug-07-2003
Phased Array Ultrasonic Teasting (PAUT)

I am seeking to exchange ideas with other users of PAUT technologies. I've been working with PAUT for about 3 years with great success. I would like to know:

1.) What vendor does the community think is currently the best?
2.) Do you have any techniques or tips you might could share?
3.) Do you have any experience with portable PAUT equipment?

I am not looking for sales reps, as I have already reps from at least two vendors. I would like to know about your experience with PAUT inspections and any information about the overall feel of any vendors you have worked with in this field.

Thanks -

Jeff

Uli Mletzko
R & D, Retired
Germany, Joined Nov 1998, 89

Uli Mletzko

R & D, Retired
Germany,
Joined Nov 1998
09:44 Aug-08-2003
Re: Phased Array Ultrasonic Teasting (PAUT)
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I am seeking to exchange ideas with other users of PAUT technologies. I've been working with PAUT for about 3 years with great success. I would like to know:
: 1.) What vendor does the community think is currently the best?
: 2.) Do you have any techniques or tips you might could share?
: 3.) Do you have any experience with portable PAUT equipment?
------------ End Original Message ------------

SAPHIR PLUS is a well working state-of-the-art PAUT system. It's manufactured by 'IntelligeNDT Systems' division of FANP (Framatome), former SIEMENS/KWU, at Erlangen, Germany. They are vendors in the nuclear ISI business, too, but the system is also in use in other industries. It's portable (or, better say: 'mobile', as it's not light weight and not intended to be used by a single operator).

Regards
Uli Mletzko
NDT division, MPA, Univerity of Stuttgart, Germany

Jeff
NASA, USA, Joined Dec 1999, 37

Jeff

NASA,
USA,
Joined Dec 1999
00:04 Aug-11-2003
Thanks for your reply. I found the website to 'IntelligeNDT':

http://www.intelligendt.de/news.asp?folder_id=1579&mainfolder_id=1579&news_id=20&sprache=english

I could not find much information about the product, however. The two PAUT vendors that I know a bit about are:

http://www.rd-tech.com/a/rdtechang.html
http://www.harfangmicro.com

Thanks again -

: SAPHIR PLUS is a well working state-of-the-art PAUT system. It's manufactured by 'IntelligeNDT Systems' division of FANP (Framatome), former SIEMENS/KWU, at Erlangen, Germany. They are vendors in the nuclear ISI business, too, but the system is also in use in other industries. It's portable (or, better say: 'mobile', as it's not light weight and not intended to be used by a single operator).
: Regards
: Uli Mletzko
: NDT division, MPA, Univerity of Stuttgart, Germany

Uli Mletzko
R & D, Retired
Germany, Joined Nov 1998, 89

Uli Mletzko

R & D, Retired
Germany,
Joined Nov 1998
00:18 Aug-13-2003
: Thanks for your reply. I found the website to 'IntelligeNDT':
: http://www.intelligendt.de/news.asp?folder_id=1579&mainfolder_id=1579&news_id=20&sprache=english
: I could not find much information about the product, however.

Try to contact klaus.hartwig@intelligendt.de or bernd.rueckelt@intelligent.de. They are from the vendor division of INTELLIGENDT/FANP, but they might forward your questions to the manufacturing division of the SAPHIR system.

Regards
Uli Mletzko
NDT group, MPA,
University of Stuttgart, Germany

luke
luke
09:21 Apr-27-2004
I know that PAUT.com will be up on May 3rd 2004. They are going to provide this type of information. Keep an eye on that...

: I am seeking to exchange ideas with other users of PAUT technologies. I've been working with PAUT for about 3 years with great success. I would like to know:
: 1.) What vendor does the community think is currently the best?
: 2.) Do you have any techniques or tips you might could share?
: 3.) Do you have any experience with portable PAUT equipment?
: I am not looking for sales reps, as I have already reps from at least two vendors. I would like to know about your experience with PAUT inspections and any information about the overall feel of any vendors you have worked with in this field.
: Thanks -
: Jeff

Product Spotlight

High-performance Linear Phased Array Probes

Available to order from stock in a range of 5MHz – 7.5MHz and from 16 to 64 elements. Designed w
ith piezo-composite elements, Phoenix phased array probes provide high-resolution imaging to maximise sensitivity; accurate ultrasonic detection and sizing of defects in welds; and effective corrosion mapping. Housed in a rugged stainless steel case for on-site industrial NDT applications.
>

XRHRobotStar

In high volume industries like automotive the requirement for a hundred percent X-ray inspection c
reates a bottleneck in the production. The XRHRobotStar is a fully Automated Defect Recognition (ADR) capable robot-system that allows an ultra-fast in-line inspection.
>

NEOS III

NEOS III is Logos Imagings lightest DR system. With a built-in battery and internal wireless commu
nication, the NEOS III is perfect for users that want to quickly assess an item.
>

Silverwing RMS PA - Phased-array corrosion mapping

Eddyfi Technologies integrated two market leading solutions, Silverwing’s RMS and M2M’s instru
ments to provide a high-speed, remote access ultrasonic phased-array inspection system with live total focusing method (TFM).
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window