where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
Velu Perumal
Consultant, Research
National University of Singapore ,Singapore, Singapore, Joined Jun 2003, 1

Velu Perumal

Consultant, Research
National University of Singapore ,Singapore,
Singapore,
Joined Jun 2003
05:39 Aug-26-2003
Detecting thermal crack by NDT methods

Dear All,
I am working on thermal cracks on concrete.I would like to measure thermal stress and strains,crack precisely.Ofcourse surface cracks we can measure any methods. But thermal cracks are haapened internally.Can i measure thermal cracks using any one of current NDT methods.We already conducted thermal shock experiment (Circular Ring Specimen) using AE. Currently we have Acoustic Emmission(AE),UPV & Impact echo.please give your valuable suggestions

Bastiaan Janssen
NDT Inspector, Managing Xray micro-Tomography
NRG, Netherlands, Joined Jul 2003, 4

Bastiaan Janssen

NDT Inspector, Managing Xray micro-Tomography
NRG,
Netherlands,
Joined Jul 2003
03:13 Aug-27-2003
Re: Detecting thermal crack by NDT methods
Dear Velu Perumal,

Depending on size of test samples, erg. drilled core cylinders, I would suggest micro tomography,.Using x-ray or gamma ray's and a focal spot for the radiation source, this results in magnified projections wich can be reconstructed, using using many pictures form differend angeles, into a 3D-dataset. We have obtained internal crack visualisations of concrete cylinders diameter 5 cm, with a resolution of 1/10 m; Depending on x-ray energy, source spotsize and sample diameter...

Best regards.
(On holliday until october)
http://www.nrg-nl.com/product/ppt/tomo/index.html

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Dear All,
: I am working on thermal cracks on concrete.I would like to measure thermal stress and strains,crack precisely.Ofcourse surface cracks we can measure any methods. But thermal cracks are haapened internally.Can i measure thermal cracks using any one of current NDT methods.We already conducted thermal shock experiment (Circular Ring Specimen) using AE. Currently we have Acoustic Emmission(AE),UPV & Impact echo.please give your valuable suggestions
------------ End Original Message ------------

R.Malathy, Senior Lecturer in Civil Engineering, Kongu Engineering college, Peru
R.Malathy, Senior Lecturer in Civil Engineering, Kongu Engineering college, Peru
09:32 Feb-26-2004
Dear Sir,

We have TICO ultrasonic Pulse velocity tester. How to measure the thermal cracks.

zuhudruba
zuhudruba
03:17 Apr-08-2005
: Dear All,
: I am working on thermal cracks on concrete.I would like to measure thermal stress and strains,crack precisely.Ofcourse surface cracks we can measure any methods. But thermal cracks are haapened internally.Can i measure thermal cracks using any one of current NDT methods.We already conducted thermal shock experiment (Circular Ring Specimen) using AE. Currently we have Acoustic Emmission(AE),UPV & Impact echo.please give your valuable suggestions

TERD
TERD
08:21 Jul-03-2005
: Dear Velu Perumal,
: Depending on size of test samples, erg. drilled core cylinders, I would suggest micro tomography,.Using x-ray or gamma ray's and a focal spot for the radiation source, this results in magnified projections wich can be reconstructed, using using many pictures form differend angeles, into a 3D-dataset. We have obtained internal crack visualisations of concrete cylinders diameter 5 cm, with a resolution of 1/10 m; Depending on x-ray energy, source spotsize and sample diameter...
: Best regards.
: (On holliday until october)
: http://www.nrg-nl.com/product/ppt/tomo/index.html
: : Dear All,
: : I am working on thermal cracks on concrete.I would like to measure thermal stress and strains,crack precisely.Ofcourse surface cracks we can measure any methods. But thermal cracks are haapened internally.Can i measure thermal cracks using any one of current NDT methods.We already conducted thermal shock experiment (Circular Ring Specimen) using AE. Currently we have Acoustic Emmission(AE),UPV & Impact echo.please give your valuable suggestions

Product Spotlight

On Demand Webinar: Using Eddy Current Array for Large Areas in Place of Magnetic Particle and Liquid Penetrant Testing

New on-demand webinar on the use of eddy current array (ECA) technology in lieu of liquid penetrant
testing (PT) and magnetic particle testing (MT) for large area screenings. The webinar includes an introduction to the technologies with advantages and disadvantages of each. Side by side examples are discussed including aircraft stringers, engine blades, forgings, weld plates & more. View it today.
>

VOGT Ultrasonics awarded innovation champion

Let go of the old and try something new. VOGT convinced the jury in the 27th round of the TOP 100
innovation competition. Our team is very pleased to officially belong to the TOP 100 in Germany!
>

Echomac® PA Bar Tester

The Echomac® PA BT provides 100% inspection of round bars for core and surface defects, at speeds u
p to 2 m/sec, depending on the specific application. The unit allows producers to handle a much larger range of diameters in one installation, and is available in 3 models to test 10 – 75mm diameter (small model); 20 – 130mm (medium model) or 50 – 254mm (large model) bars.
>

NDT.net launches mobile-friendly design

NDT.net has revamped its website providing a mobile-friendly design.The front page received a comp
letely new design and all other sections are now reacting responsively on mobile devices. This has been a major step to make our website more user- friendly.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window