where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

EKOSCAN
EKOSCAN is a French manufacturer specialized in equipment for ultrasonic Non Destructive Testing: Probes,UT boards & Scanners tailored for your needs
About NDT.net
Rolf Diederichs
Director,
NDT.net, Germany, Joined Nov 1998, 608

Rolf Diederichs

Director,
NDT.net,
Germany,
Joined Nov 1998
22:37 Sep-20-2015
New Forum Alert Search - A selective dissemination of new forum posts

Our NDT forum provides now a new innovative service to MyNDT members. A selective dissemination of new forum posts, called Alert Search, allows members to receive email alerts whenever a new Forum post obtains a text that matches their preferred reading interests.

An example of an Alert Search is perhaps a favorite author, company or topic - then the forum will send you an email immediately whenever any posts are submitted and approved to the forum which match that author or topic.

Alert Search profiles consist of the parameters that are available in the forum search form, such as: search term, boolean (and, or, phrase), restrict (subject, user) and forum board. Also the Alert profiles consist of a subject field that can be used to identify or describe briefly each profile.

Creating a New Alert Search

1. Login to MyNDT and access the search of the Forum search.
  2. Enter your preferences in the search form fields. You can select several options from the search form.
  3. Click the search button
  4. Make any necessary adjustments to your search profile and retest the search.
  5. Optional enter a subject of your search profile so that you can recognize it in your Alert profile list.
  6. Click the Add Alert button to create your new Alert profile. A message will be displayed to let you know your profile has been created and the form will be cleared to enable you to enter another profile if you want to.
  7. You can update your alert profile and access your new profile set from the MyNDT Account ~ Notifications Menu (see below).

Updating an Alert Profile

1. Login to MyNDT and access the MyNDT Account - Notifications Menu
  2. The Notification Menu shows a list of your existing Alert profiles at the bottom of the page.
  3. Update action 'delete' will delete the profile from the system.
  4. Update action 'verify' will open the search results of this alert profile that can be adjusted and be saved under a new Alert Profile. The verified profile may be deleted after it was added as a new Alert Profile.

This first version will be updated accordingly to the experiences. We hope that our server resources will be sufficient for to disseminated immediately hundreds or thousands of profile alerts. In any case please avoid high amounts of unnecessary alert profiles.

Hope that the new feature will be useful for you and will work for our satisfaction.

Please shear your opinion and experiences by posting a reply this message.

Kind regards

Rolf Diederichs

ezio
Other, Retired ex Laboratory Technical Manager
OMECO Research Centre, Italy, Joined Sep 2008, 273

ezio

OMECO Research Centre,
Italy,
Joined Sep 2008
22:30 Sep-28-2015
Re: New Forum Alert Profiles - A selective dissemination of new forum posts
In Reply to Rolf Diederichs at 22:37 Sep-20-2015 (Opening).

Fatico ad assimilare le nuove procedure, ma lentamente cercherò di sperimentarla, perchè mi sembra una buona idea, grazie Rolf.
Ne accennerò anche al convegno AIPND il 23 ottobre, in una memoria che ho presentato su questo forum.

ezio
OMECO Research Centre, Italy, Joined Sep 2008, 273

ezio

OMECO Research Centre,
Italy,
Joined Sep 2008
12:16 Oct-08-2015
Re: New Forum Alert Search - A selective dissemination of new forum posts

Ciao Rolf,
ho subito difficoltà a seguire il "creating a new alert search", non riesco a superare il punto 1
grazie

Rolf
Director,

Rolf

Director,
NDT.net,
Germany,
Joined Nov 1998
13:35 Oct-08-2015
In Reply to ezio at 12:16 Oct-08-2015 .

Ezio,

I do not understand why you have a problem with step 1 (that what Google translates).

Step 1 you must login into MyNDT. After you logged in you will see your name under the MyNDT Navigation Menu Tab.

Step 2 you go to a forum search and enter a search ....

Follow the other steps as it is described in my forum post.

Please contact me by email if you have still problems.

Rolf

Rolf
Director,

Rolf

Director,
NDT.net,
Germany,
Joined Nov 1998
22:09 Oct-22-2015

The Forum Alert function works like the Google Alerts and is referred as a beneficial tool in the book "The Secrets to Successfully Marketing" from Susan Page. As well is mentioned in another Book "The Secret Code to Success and Wealth in Online Business: Opening Your Eyes ...". Commonly it is referred in many articles of the coolest hidden Google tricks!

I was wondering why the new Forum Alert is rarely used so far.

No time to use it? To complicate to use? or not so beneficial it is published?

John Pitcher
Consultant,
Sonomatic Ltd, United Kingdom, Joined Apr 2003, 14

John Pitcher

Consultant,
Sonomatic Ltd,
United Kingdom,
Joined Apr 2003
17:35 Sep-09-2016
In Reply to Rolf at 22:09 Oct-22-2015 .

I was trying out search and notification as I have stopped receiving post notifications. I found I could not add a search as recommended. Goes to website cannot display the page when I try and check which alerts I have.

Rolf Diederichs
Director,

Rolf Diederichs

Director,
NDT.net,
Germany,
Joined Nov 1998
21:14 Sep-09-2016
In Reply to John Pitcher at 17:35 Sep-09-2016 .

John,

The alert funktion works with no problem. I cannot see any saved alert for your profile. Please try again and follow the instruction on this page.

Rolf

John Pitcher
Consultant,
Sonomatic Ltd, United Kingdom, Joined Apr 2003, 14

John Pitcher

Consultant,
Sonomatic Ltd,
United Kingdom,
Joined Apr 2003
13:23 Sep-20-2016
In Reply to Rolf Diederichs at 21:14 Sep-09-2016 .

Unfortunately there are no notification alerts as I cannot add one!
I have followed the instructions to the letter many times with the same result.
I have tried both IE and Firefox. bot don't like http://www.ndt.net/forum/alertSubmit.php
I get an IE error message when trying to add the search.
I also don't get any notifications since 19/7/2016 which was when I had to change my email address.

Rolf Diederichs
Director,

Rolf Diederichs

Director,
NDT.net,
Germany,
Joined Nov 1998
22:48 Sep-20-2016
In Reply to John Pitcher at 13:23 Sep-20-2016 .

Indeed a malefunction occurred when clicking on the Add Alert button. After a bug fix it seems to work now correct. Please try again.

Rolf

Product Spotlight

GUL QSR1® Scanning

How do you measure pipe wall thickness without direct access to the area? QSR® Scanning - Guide Wav
e Quantitative Short Range Scanning.
>

Navic - Steerable Modular Automated Scanner

The Navic is a modular, motorized, steerable scanner designed to carry multiple attachments used
in various scanning and inspection applications. The Navic is capable of weld scanning (girth welds and long seam welds), automated corrosion mapping, and tank scanning.
>

NDTkit RT

NDTkit RT, TESTIA's Digital Radiography software The NDTkit product line software for X-ray analysi
s. NDTkit RT is a software benefiting from the Ultis kernel which is dedicated to radiographic image analysis. It offers a set of tools and filtering processes to assist RT operators in finding relevant flaws.
>

Semi-Automated Phased Array Immersion System for Small Composite Parts

Turn-key semi-automated system as an improved and affordable solution for inspection of small comp
osite parts. Includes support table, immersion tank, scanner, PA instrument, PC, Analysis software, database, wedge management and other options.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window