where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
steve hornby
NDT Inspector, NDT Manager
BAE SYSTEMS, SUBMARINES, United Kingdom, Joined Nov 2003, 4

steve hornby

NDT Inspector, NDT Manager
BAE SYSTEMS, SUBMARINES,
United Kingdom,
Joined Nov 2003
02:16 Dec-01-2003
digital radiography of welding

I have recently hired an Agfa Rad View system with an aim to developing radiographic techniques for pipewelds. Has anybody as yet managed to achieve the required 2% IQI sensitivity with Digital Radiography using flexible imaging plates

Dennis Lee
Director, Vice President of Operations
US Inspection Services, USA, Joined Feb 2000, 2

Dennis Lee

Director, Vice President of Operations
US Inspection Services,
USA,
Joined Feb 2000
06:47 Dec-02-2003
Re: digital radiography of welding
We have been successful using the Fuji Dynamix 4 CR System. We have shot the Agfa system side by side with the Fuji System. We were not able to pull the 2-2T hole using the Agfa system. Agfa may be able to tweak their menus to help you a bit. If it's not to late take a look at the Fuji system. We now own 4 of the Fuji systems and are very pleased with their performance. If I can help you in anyway please feel free to contact me at dennis.lee@usinspection.com or (937) 228-9729.
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I have recently hired an Agfa Rad View system with an aim to developing radiographic techniques for pipewelds. Has anybody as yet managed to achieve the required 2% IQI sensitivity with Digital Radiography using flexible imaging plates
------------ End Original Message ------------

WAJID ALI SHAH
WAJID ALI SHAH
00:27 Mar-08-2004
pl send me catalog/information on welding radiography.

ahmed hamdy
ahmed hamdy
03:43 Feb-27-2005
hi
please send me any papaers concerned in welding inspection using nondestructive tests
thank u

Vladimir LApos
Vladimir LApos
02:54 Jan-08-2007
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I have recently hired an Agfa Rad View system with an aim to developing radiographic techniques for pipewelds. Has anybody as yet managed to achieve the required 2% IQI sensitivity with Digital Radiography using flexible imaging plates
------------ End Original Message ------------

Product Spotlight

PROlineTOP Plug & Play Ultrasonic inspection device

As Plug & Play solution it units all control and operation elements in a small housing and therefo
re replaces the typical control cabinet...
>

NovaScope 6000

The all-digital Novascope 6000 is a portable, ultra-high precision thickness gauge for high-speed
thickness measurement. Novascope 6000 has unmatched capabilities and unique features including: •Superior Resolution with high contrast, high-speed color RF display •High pulser voltage •Real-time video output •Increased internal/external data storage •Programmable SetUp features •Battery & AC Powered
>

Ultrasonic Testing Immersion Tanks with Unmatched Scanning Features

TecScan’s non-destructive testing Ultrasonic Immersion Tanks & scanners are designed for high pe
rformance and demanding NDT testing applications. Our Scan3D™ line of High Precision Immersion Tanks are specifically designed for automated ultrasonic testing of complex composites parts used in aerospace and industrial applications.
>

FMC/TFM

Next generation for Phased Array UT is here now with FMC/TFM! Have higher resolution imaging, impr
oved signal to noise ratio, characterize, size and analyze defects better with access to several wave mode views and save raw FMC data for higher quality analysis.  Some of the benefits are:
  • Beautiful Image! Easier to understand what you're looking at
  • Completely focused in entire image or volume
  • Much easier to define setups before inspection
  • Easier to decipher geometry echoes from real defects
  • Oriented defects (e.g. cracks) are imaged better
  • See image from different wave modes from one FMC inspection
  • FMC data can be reprocessed/analyzed without going back to the field
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window