where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
Martin Bergstrom
Martin Bergstrom
05:18 Dec-04-2003
Digital x-ray in shipbuilding

I am doing some reseaerch on the use of digital x-ray, both digitised and direct digital.

Can anyone give me some case studies where digital xray have been used in shipbuilding?

Especially in submarine construction

Much obliged

Martin

steve hornby
NDT Inspector, NDT Manager
BAE SYSTEMS, SUBMARINES, United Kingdom, Joined Nov 2003, 4

steve hornby

NDT Inspector, NDT Manager
BAE SYSTEMS, SUBMARINES,
United Kingdom,
Joined Nov 2003
00:31 Dec-07-2003
Re: Digital x-ray in shipbuilding
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I am doing some reseaerch on the use of digital x-ray, both digitised and direct digital.
: Can anyone give me some case studies where digital xray have been used in shipbuilding?
: Especially in submarine construction
: Much obliged
: Martin
------------ End Original Message ------------

Martin,
I am the NDE Manager at BAE SYSTEMS, Submarines, Barrow-in-Furness. I am currently undertaking R&D work on Dig Rad, using the Agfa Rad View System. My primary objective is hopefully to qualify its use on pipework, particulary "onboard".If you have any ideas or need some info re my work please feel free to contact me. either through this forum or you can get me at work tel. 01229 87 5979 or me mail steve.hornby@baesystems.com

Regards,
Steve hornby

Product Spotlight

Research Center IDEKO develops an ultrasonic train wheel inspection system for CAF

The Basque Research centre IK4-IDEKO has developed a state-of-the-art ultrasonic inspection system f
or the train wheel. This system secures a sound condition of train wheels and is thus a significant contribution to rail transport safety. The device was delivered to CAF recently and its use allows the manufacturer to become an approved supplier of rolling stock in Italy, as it meets the demanding homologation standards of this country. \\\\r\\\\n
>

PROlineTOP Plug & Play Ultrasonic inspection device

As Plug & Play solution it units all control and operation elements in a small housing and therefo
re replaces the typical control cabinet...
>

AIS229 - Multipurpose Real Time System

Latest standard & automatic real time system developed by Balteau. The AIS229 has been designed to
do series inspection in a wide variety of industry. Composed of a shielded cabinet, 5 axis manipulator, x-ray generator and tubehead from 160kV to 225kV, a fl at panel & much more, the AIS229 is most certainly one of the most multipurpose RTR system available on the market.
>

NovaScope 6000

The all-digital Novascope 6000 is a portable, ultra-high precision thickness gauge for high-speed
thickness measurement. Novascope 6000 has unmatched capabilities and unique features including: •Superior Resolution with high contrast, high-speed color RF display •High pulser voltage •Real-time video output •Increased internal/external data storage •Programmable SetUp features •Battery & AC Powered
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window