where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Vallen-Systeme GmbH
The Acoustic Emission Company! Since 1987 Vallen stands for competence and continuity in AE and for reliable business cooperation and support.
Technical Discussions
Kent
Student, -
UA, USA, Joined Jul 2003, 2

Kent

Student, -
UA,
USA,
Joined Jul 2003
00:15 Jan-12-2004
High frequency vibration exciter

I want to use a vibration shaker to excite a steel sheet up to 100kHz. Is it possible?
Anyboday has such experience?

Ethan
Ethan
04:08 Jan-12-2004
Re: High frequency vibration exciter
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I want to use a vibration shaker to excite a steel sheet up to 100kHz. Is it possible?
: Anyboday has such experience?
------------ End Original Message ------------

Anything is possible! What is your goal for exciting the sheet? You could think about plate waves. Where the thickness of the steel sheet is close to the wavelength of 100 KHz in your steel. Or if you have a given sheet, calculate back to the frequency required to induce a plate wave.

Depending on how much energy is required would determine which vendor's product is best suited for your application

regards
e

Kent
Student, -
UA, USA, Joined Jul 2003, 2

Kent

Student, -
UA,
USA,
Joined Jul 2003
07:17 Jan-12-2004
Re: High frequency vibration exciter
E, thank you for your answer. It's good news for me. I just want to excite the structure to such high frequency and measure the vibration energy on that frequency band. since the sheet is small (1"X8"X1/16") and I guess the energy should be little.
Would you suggest some products/vendors?

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: : I want to use a vibration shaker to excite a steel sheet up to 100kHz. Is it possible?
: : Anyboday has such experience?
:
: Anything is possible! What is your goal for exciting the sheet? You could think about plate waves. Where the thickness of the steel sheet is close to the wavelength of 100 KHz in your steel. Or if you have a given sheet, calculate back to the frequency required to induce a plate wave.
: Depending on how much energy is required would determine which vendor's product is best suited for your application
: regards
: e
------------ End Original Message ------------

tan chee siong
tan chee siong
00:35 Aug-08-2005
Mini Vibration exciter
Hello!I wish to develop a mini vibration exciter which generate around 5 Newton. This shaker will be placed at the shaft bearing of a 2 stroke motorcycle engine. Purpose of this project is to do the vibration analysis of the 2stroke engine by eliminate the vibration due to the combustion inside the engine itself.

Product Spotlight

MUSE Mobile Ultrasonic Equipment

The MUSE, a portable ultrasonic imaging system, was developed for in-field inspections of light-weig
ht structures. The MUSE consists of a motor-driven manipulator, a water circulation system for the acoustic coupling and a portable ultrasonic flaw detector (USPC 3010). The MUSE provides images of internal defects (A-, B-,C- and D-scan).
>

GEKKO - Portable Phased Array Testing with TFM in Real-Time

The portable phased array testing system GEKKO provides 64 parallel test channels. On creating testi
ng parameters the operator is assisted by the CIVA software. Due to its modular set-up the GEKKO instrument is suitable for operators of all skill levels.
>

Immersion systems

ScanMaster ultrasonic immersion systems are designed for high throughput, multi shift operation in a
n industrial or lab environment. These fully integrated systems provide various scanning configurations and incorporate conventional and phased arrays technologies to support diverse applications, such as inspection of disks, bars, shafts, billets and plates. All of ScanMaster immersion systems are built from high accuracy scanning frames allowing for scanning of complex parts and include a multi-channel ultrasonic instrument with exceptional performance. The systems are approved by all major manufacturers for C-scan inspection of jet engine forged discs. Together with a comprehensive set of software modules these flexible series of systems provide the customer with the best price performance solutions.
>

XRHRobotStar

In high volume industries like automotive the requirement for a hundred percent X-ray inspection c
reates a bottleneck in the production. The XRHRobotStar is a fully Automated Defect Recognition (ADR) capable robot-system that allows an ultra-fast in-line inspection.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window