where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
Kent
Student, -
UA, USA, Joined Jul 2003, 2

Kent

Student, -
UA,
USA,
Joined Jul 2003
00:15 Jan-12-2004
High frequency vibration exciter

I want to use a vibration shaker to excite a steel sheet up to 100kHz. Is it possible?
Anyboday has such experience?

Ethan
Ethan
04:08 Jan-12-2004
Re: High frequency vibration exciter
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I want to use a vibration shaker to excite a steel sheet up to 100kHz. Is it possible?
: Anyboday has such experience?
------------ End Original Message ------------

Anything is possible! What is your goal for exciting the sheet? You could think about plate waves. Where the thickness of the steel sheet is close to the wavelength of 100 KHz in your steel. Or if you have a given sheet, calculate back to the frequency required to induce a plate wave.

Depending on how much energy is required would determine which vendor's product is best suited for your application

regards
e

Kent
Student, -
UA, USA, Joined Jul 2003, 2

Kent

Student, -
UA,
USA,
Joined Jul 2003
07:17 Jan-12-2004
Re: High frequency vibration exciter
E, thank you for your answer. It's good news for me. I just want to excite the structure to such high frequency and measure the vibration energy on that frequency band. since the sheet is small (1"X8"X1/16") and I guess the energy should be little.
Would you suggest some products/vendors?

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: : I want to use a vibration shaker to excite a steel sheet up to 100kHz. Is it possible?
: : Anyboday has such experience?
:
: Anything is possible! What is your goal for exciting the sheet? You could think about plate waves. Where the thickness of the steel sheet is close to the wavelength of 100 KHz in your steel. Or if you have a given sheet, calculate back to the frequency required to induce a plate wave.
: Depending on how much energy is required would determine which vendor's product is best suited for your application
: regards
: e
------------ End Original Message ------------

tan chee siong
tan chee siong
00:35 Aug-08-2005
Mini Vibration exciter
Hello!I wish to develop a mini vibration exciter which generate around 5 Newton. This shaker will be placed at the shaft bearing of a 2 stroke motorcycle engine. Purpose of this project is to do the vibration analysis of the 2stroke engine by eliminate the vibration due to the combustion inside the engine itself.

Product Spotlight

Echomac® Small

Available with up to eight channels of electronics to detect and evaluate thickness, flaws and eccen
tricity, this UT tester is housed in a convenient, smaller cabinet. This instrument can be used in conjunction with bubbler or immersion tank systems, or with a test bench or in laboratory applications. The Echomac® Small is available in the FD4, FD6 or FD6A versions.
>

SITEX CPSERIES

Teledyne ICM’s CPSERIES has been designed with a view to revolutionizing the handling and perfor
mances of portable X-Ray sets. Despite having managed to halve the weight of similar portable X-Ray generators available on the market (while continuing to provide the same power output), the SITEX CPSERIES generators feature a shutter, a laser pointer, a beryllium window, an aluminum filter and two integrated diaphragms (customized sizes are available upon request). Without compromising the robustness and reliability for which ICM products are renowned, the small size and light weight of the SITEX CPSERIES will radically change the way that you perform your RT inspections. And you will see a positive impact in terms of both quality and return on investment (ROI).
>

FMC/TFM

Next generation for Phased Array UT is here now with FMC/TFM! Have higher resolution imaging, impr
oved signal to noise ratio, characterize, size and analyze defects better with access to several wave mode views and save raw FMC data for higher quality analysis.  Some of the benefits are:
  • Beautiful Image! Easier to understand what you're looking at
  • Completely focused in entire image or volume
  • Much easier to define setups before inspection
  • Easier to decipher geometry echoes from real defects
  • Oriented defects (e.g. cracks) are imaged better
  • See image from different wave modes from one FMC inspection
  • FMC data can be reprocessed/analyzed without going back to the field
>

Ultrasonic Testing Immersion Tanks with Unmatched Scanning Features

TecScan’s non-destructive testing Ultrasonic Immersion Tanks & scanners are designed for high pe
rformance and demanding NDT testing applications. Our Scan3D™ line of High Precision Immersion Tanks are specifically designed for automated ultrasonic testing of complex composites parts used in aerospace and industrial applications.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window