where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
Jose Rios
Jose Rios
07:50 Nov-10-1998
bimorph bender transducer

Dear experts,

to develop a present application I would need design a bimorph bender tranduscer in parallel configuration. I believe that the response of such a transducer depends only on the dimensions (thickness, free length, clamped length, and width) of the bimorph as well as the piezoceramic material that compounds.

My question is how, or in other words what is the relation between the response of the bimorph (bending in cantilever configuration) (resonance frequency, bandwidth, displacement, voltage needed...) and its dimensions (T, FL, CL, W) and nature. How should be designed, starting from the response specifications, the dimensions and nature of the bender???

I would grateful any clues or references of books or web pages, journal articles... where it could be explained.

Thanks in advance.

Afshin Madinei
Afshin Madinei
09:13 Dec-23-1998
Re: bimorph bender transducer
: Dear experts,

: to develop a present application I would need design a bimorph bender tranduscer in parallel configuration. I believe that the response of such a transducer depends only on the dimensions (thickness, free length, clamped length, and width) of the bimorph as well as the piezoceramic material that compounds.

: My question is how, or in other words what is the relation between the response of the bimorph (bending in cantilever configuration) (resonance frequency, bandwidth, displacement, voltage needed...) and its dimensions (T, FL, CL, W) and nature. How should be designed, starting from the response specifications, the dimensions and nature of the bender???

: I would grateful any clues or references of books or web pages, journal articles... where it could be explained.

: Thanks in advance.

M. Simon
M. Simon
01:12 Feb-19-1999

Rainer Meier
R & D
retired from intelligeNDT Systems & Services, Germany, Joined Nov 1998, 15

Rainer Meier

R & D
retired from intelligeNDT Systems & Services,
Germany,
Joined Nov 1998
01:05 Feb-26-1999
: Dear experts,

: to develop a present application I would need design a bimorph bender tranduscer in parallel configuration. I believe that the response of such a transducer depends only on the dimensions (thickness, free length, clamped length, and width) of the bimorph as well as the piezoceramic material that compounds.

: My question is how, or in other words what is the relation between the response of the bimorph (bending in cantilever configuration) (resonance frequency, bandwidth, displacement, voltage needed...) and its dimensions (T, FL, CL, W) and nature. How should be designed, starting from the response specifications, the dimensions and nature of the bender???

: I would grateful any clues or references of books or web pages, journal articles... where it could be explained.

: Thanks in advance.

The properties of bender widely vary depending on the design (monomorph, bimorph, trimorph), driving
conditions and PZT material. Basic relations for example are given in the company paper
"Piecoelectric Ceramics", Philips Components, Eindhoven, The Netherlands (1991). A paper covering
the topic with 95 citations: Jan G. Smits et al., Sensors and Actuators A, 28 (1991) pp. 41 - 61.

Rainer Meier
on behalf of
Dr. Karl Lubitz
E-mail: Karl.Lubitz@mchp.siemens.de

k.rochdi
k.rochdi
03:08 Mar-16-1999
: : Dear experts,

: : to develop a present application I would need design a bimorph bender tranduscer in parallel configuration. I believe that the response of such a transducer depends only on the dimensions (thickness, free length, clamped length, and width) of the bimorph as well as the piezoceramic material that compounds.

: : My question is how, or in other words what is the relation between the response of the bimorph (bending in cantilever configuration) (resonance frequency, bandwidth, displacement, voltage needed...) and its dimensions (T, FL, CL, W) and nature. How should be designed, starting from the response specifications, the dimensions and nature of the bender???

: : I would grateful any clues or references of books or web pages, journal articles... where it could be explained.

: : Thanks in advance.

:
: The properties of bender widely vary depending on the design (monomorph, bimorph, trimorph), driving
: conditions and PZT material. Basic relations for example are given in the company paper
: "Piecoelectric Ceramics", Philips Components, Eindhoven, The Netherlands (1991). A paper covering
: the topic with 95 citations: Jan G. Smits et al., Sensors and Actuators A, 28 (1991) pp. 41 - 61.

: Rainer Meier
: on behalf of
: Dr. Karl Lubitz
: E-mail: Karl.Lubitz@mchp.siemens.de

Product Spotlight

Cygnus 6+ PRO Multi-Mode Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge

The Cygnus 6+ PRO thickness gauge is the most advance gauge within the Cygnus range with key featu
res including: comprehensive data logging; A-scan and B-scan display; manual gain control; Bluetooth connectivity; and much more. With its unique dual display and three measuring modes (Multiple-Echo, Echo-Echo and Single-Echo), this surface thickness gauge offers maximum versatility for inspections.
>

FAAST-PA! OEM Patented phased Array for high speed UT inspection

Multiangle, Multifocus, Multifrequency, Multibeam. Instead of stacking UT electronics and having m
any PA probes, FAAST-PA is able to transmit all delay laws within ONE single shot in Real time.
>

iProbe - USB Phased Array Probe

Turn your PC, Laptop or Tablet into a powerful 32:64 Phased Array system with our USB powered Phas
ed Array iProbe and inspection software package. Perform affordable weld inspection and corrosion mapping inspections with this powerful but small system. The probe has a 100V pulser, 8K PRF, dual axis encoder input and achieves outstanding signal quality.
>

ISONIC 3510

Very Powerful Superior Performance Extremely Portable Smart Phased Array Ultrasonic Flaw Detector an
d Recorder with 2 Conventional UT and TOFD Channels uniquely combines PA, single- and multi-channel conventional UT, and TOFD modalities providing 100% raw data recording and imaging. Suitable for all kinds of every-day ultrasonic inspections
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window